Tracking Clixgalore referals in Google Analytics
    Hi everyone. We discovered a recent issue and hoping the community can help us.

We are a merchant and are using clixgalore for affiliates sales. When we looked at Google Analytics we noticed that some of the sales are not in GA. We tried to look referrals by clixgalore as the source as well as the affiliate domain that clixgalore reported the sale coming from but it was not showing up in GA.

Has anyone else had issues of tracking affiliate sales in GA from clixgalore or any other network and if how were you able to resolved the issue?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Are you using a unique source referrer and is it being populated automatically by the network?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Are you using a unique source referrer and is it being populated automatically by the network?
    Hi Chuck. We are not using a unique source referrer. It's populated automatically by clixgalore. I am not sure if they have a way that we can tag the links to have a unique source referrer in their system.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You have to create the source referrer and get the network to auto populate it. Its then your job to get it setup as a campaign in Google Analytics. Your server needs to be tuned to set the cookie when that referrer is present in the affiliate redirects. I generally use ?ref=affiliate or ?ref=network. We use this to setup custom coupon experiences for exclusive coupon codes that recognizes the affiliate, adds their logo and says the coupon has been added to the cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    You have to create the source referrer and get the network to auto populate it. Its then your job to get it setup as a campaign in Google Analytics. Your server needs to be tuned to set the cookie when that referrer is present in the affiliate redirects. I generally use ?ref=affiliate or ?ref=network. We use this to setup custom coupon experiences for exclusive coupon codes that recognizes the affiliate, adds their logo and says the coupon has been added to the cart.
    Thank you. We are going to see if we can (i believe we can) implement this.

Thanks again Chuck for the feedback, suggestion and the quick reply

Second time I've heard of this recently. Any chance the discrepancy is in the 10 to 20% range?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread