Please Help: How Long Does It Take to See Conversions?
    Ok, I know that is a pretty general question, and could have a variety of answers, but I run a site in the dating niche [link removed] and today I've had about 80 unique visitors, but no conversions. Is that normal? Is there something you can see on my site that would be contributing to this?

And out of all those, not one even signed up for my mailing list.

Thanks for your help in advance
    Last edited by teezone; April 1st, 2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: no links allowed - pls read forum rules

I noticed you have your site in the "Review" section and that several of the forum members have gone there to critique it.

Could a lot of those 80 uniques be people from here look at the site? I suspect few of them would be interested in signing up or whatever.

Just my guess.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

You need much more traffic to identify any meaningful conversion rate - 80 visitors in one day is is not enough to identify any pattern.

Building a site is one thing, but achieving conversion is something else, it includes analyzing your sources of traffic, and understanding the expected conversion rate for the niche. Some niches convert well, others don't - that's your starting point (ie. what to expect).

You also need to think of your own behaviour when you visit a website - for example, you mentioned in the site review forum that you don't like popups (before leaving a site), yet you put one in. It should absolutely not be there - you don't like them, others won't either.

And you want people to freely give you their email address - how many sites do you give your email address to..? Probably not many.. so your goal is to give them a compelling reason. Whether it's effective sales copy, or a fabulous design (or combination of the above), this will take some trial and error on your part.

What stats program are you using to analyze those 80 visitors..? I suspect many of them were from this forum, and we shouldn't be counted as real visitors to your site.

Continue to tweak your own site, analyze the results.. lather, rinse, repeat.

For today it could be, but in general, I've had my site up for a bit, had about 400 unique visitors, and just one conversion :/ LOL guess I just have to wait it out...

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    You need much more traffic to identify any meaningful conversion rate - 80 visitors in one day is is not enough to identify any pattern. You also need to think of your own behaviour when you visit a website - for example, you mentioned in the site review forum that you don't like popups (before leaving a site), yet you put one in. It should absolutely not be there - you don't like them, others won't either.
    Thanks for the useful advice I did eliminate that popup because it was even irritating me haha

Could a lot of those 80 uniques be people from here look at the site?
    For today it could be
    You should know exactly how many it was.. I could tell you where every visitor came from today. Analyzing your website stats is very important - for example, are your own visits included in that 400..?

Read this thread to get some suggestions for stats programs:
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/progr...cs-148882.html

I can, and know how to, but since I'm using Google Analytics, for some reason it only refreshes at midnight. And by 400, I mean unique visitors, not visits. LOL I may be asking questions, but I'm not a complete newbie! Right now, most of my traffic comes from Yahoo Answers, meaning its self-generated.

Just trying to build my knowledge, thanks though I'll check out that Website Analytics section.

I'm not passing judgment on whether you're a newbie or not, I'm just pointing out some key items to becoming a successful publisher.

If you've only had 400 unique visitors, and today is 80 more (or today's 80 is included in the 400), that's just not enough traffic to determine a conversion pattern.

Conversion is the toughest part of affiliate marketing, just stay on top of your stats, continue to tweak the pages, and you should see some moves up & down that will guide you forward.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Your site is VERY new. Not even 3 months old.

Your site needs to age. 400 uniques in 3 months? 1 Month? 1 Day?

Yahoo answers may or may not be the most qualified or targeted traffic. You are competing in a very tough niche with basically a squeeze page as a website.

Need to add some content, register your domain for at least another two years (min. of 3 years until it expires), see what and how your competition are doing things.

You need to be successful as a merchant before your affiliates will take the risk on promoting you...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

10. Thanks From:

Conversion is the toughest part of affiliate marketing...
    I agree. It's right up there with driving traffic to your website. You can't really see a pattern unless you start making a conversion. I suggest you look at your stats and see what pages get traffic and which ones have low bounce rate. What keywords and sites brought the visitors on your site, how long did they stay there, etc. Are you getting any click on your affiliate links? If you are getting clicks but no sale then you're probably not engaging your visitors enough. They do not feel compelled to buy. You might want to work on your keywords and make sure the keywords with high buyer intention get a lot of traffic.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Thank you everyone, you guys are awesome

Thanks for the useful advice.

14. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread