Effective affiliate page layout?
    I've been doing some research trying to find an effective affiliate page layout for my site. I know that certain layouts might be better for different affiliate categories, etc. I am just looking for a general, up-to-date best practice layout that I can start with and test and tweak from there.

If anyone has any suggestions or experience on high converting page layouts that would be great.

Thanks!

Your question is too vague - plus if anyone has an effective page layout that converts, I doubt they will share

Having said that, there are popular Wordpress & Joomla templates out there that are well designed - it doesn't mean they convert, but they are popular for a reason (clean layout, good fonts, etc).

When you're looking at your own page, start with some fundamentals of web design, as there are proven techniques, regardless of affiliate marketing. I've used this article in the past:
    Web Design Tips & Advice from A to Z | JUST

How well a page converts is unique to each site - I know that doesn't answer your question, but trial and error is the only way to succeed in affiliate marketing. Even if someone handed you a page layout that "promised" conversion, it would still depend on your site content, SEO, etc.

Since conversion is a confidential stat, you can speculate all you want when you're looking at a page/site, but you will never really know until you try different layouts yourself. I know someone who runs a crazy effective site, and remains under the radar as it looks very basic.

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    Your question is too vague - plus if anyone has an effective page layout that converts, I doubt they will share

Having said that, there are popular Wordpress & Joomla templates out there that are well designed - it doesn't mean they convert, but they are popular for a reason (clean layout, good fonts, etc).

When you're looking at your own page, start with some fundamentals of web design, as there are proven techniques, regardless of affiliate marketing. I've used this article in the past:
    Web Design Tips & Advice from A to Z | JUST

How well a page converts is unique to each site - I know that doesn't answer your question, but trial and error is the only way to succeed in affiliate marketing. Even if someone handed you a page layout that "promised" conversion, it would still depend on your site content, SEO, etc.

Since conversion is a confidential stat, you can speculate all you want when you're looking at a page/site, but you will never really know until you try different layouts yourself. I know someone who runs a crazy effective site, and remains under the radar as it looks very basic.
    Great points, and thanks for the web design link.

I guess to be more specific, I am thinking about the layout of my content on my homepage. I'm thinking about these things:
    • How many affiliate links should I have in my content
    • should they be buttons, text links, pictures?

The reason I wanted to bring this up is because I watched a video on affilorama
    Anik Singal and he showed an affiliate page layout that he said was amazing for converting. I just am not sure how dated his advice is.

Here is what He showed:

Does this seem like a dated page layout?

I think that the product you are marketing will play a big part in the site design, for example if you are promoting home products a full in your face flashing banners (never use those anyway) bold "click here" buttons will likely put off your customers.

So there is not a one size fits all, ask yourself who is your market, how are they likely to be best influenced to buy.
    0 to $1m before I am 70, Ok maybe 71 !!! (April 2013)
    You Can Eat Our Noodles Without Gaining A Pound
    What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare.

5. Thanks From:

I think that the product you are marketing will play a big part in the site design
    Agree 100%

The layout you show here may be very effective for affiliate software (or similar products), but I would never put together a page like that for my niche, it's too sales-pitchy.

Some of my best-converting layouts have been accidental.

Added: probably worth mentioning that affiliate sites aren't just sales pages. If you run a site about outdoor sports, for example, your site will be made up mostly of well-written content, with text links (where applicable) and related banners. The layout is important, but not for the above reasons (proof, etc).

Affiliate Manager Yulia from DNP's Avatar
    Totally agree with the above.
    Is strongly believe in an efficient design.There are too many psychological effects of where you place a banners, a text, etc .
    If you are really interested in how to make the most attractive affiliate page,and not just looking for an easy way out. then you can read some articles on human perception on sites, they look, colors,what works better etc.
    And ofcourse it all ends with the niche, some products need more strong aggressive approach then others.

Good luck!
    [B]Yulia Borova
    Affiliate Manager - [B][url=http://DirectNetPartners.com][COLOR="Purple"]Tobacco Affiliate Program - GET 50$ Sign up bonus[/url][/COLOR][/B]
    Email: [email]Yulia@DirectNetPartners.com[/email] | Skype: DNPYulia | [url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/DirectNet-Partners/211572005534452]Our Facebook Page[/url][/B]

Added: probably worth mentioning that affiliate sites aren't just sales pages.
    This is very true and something some affiliate marketers forget. Instead of building a site that just tries to sell products, build a site that provides helpful information. If your website is about losing weight, don't just fill it with product reviews on weight loss products. Put in articles about how to stay fit, or maybe share your experience on losing weight. You're more likely to make a sale if you are able to connect with your readers/visitors.

Content is more important for me than layout but I do make sure that my website has a clean, professional design. I try not to put too many ads on the sidebar as that can be distracting. I tend to use text links on my articles and a few related banners.

Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread