New to affiliate marketing, looking for tips on getting started
    To go over my situation a little bit, i'm looking to start a small marketing company with a few friends of mine. We all are good with computers and have some experience with programming, graphic design, and marketing.

Right now we're each making a couple of blogs and starting to work on a website or two. I've been looking at a couple of different affiliate marketing companies and have applied at a couple to become a publisher because i'm familiar with some of their offers.

We're open to any advice or tips on how to get started. Also please let me know if you have any recommendations for a good affiliate marketing company for beginners.

Thanks,
    Gini

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Recommend buy.at, AvantLink and Shareasale as affiliate friendly networks to look into.

Affiliate marketing is a world where you need to blaze your own path in order to realize your own potential. It sounds like you've already got a clue to begin with. The best thing to do is choose offers to promote based upon your own needs and interests; whatever seems like it will be a good match for your site. As with anything, some things will work out for you and some things won't. Learn from your mistakes and concentrate efforts on what proves its potential for you. If you listen to advice from those who recommend based on what "works for them" or based upon who they happen to be chummy with, you're handicapping yourself before you even jump out of the starting gate.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Like Davidh said, place offers that match your interests. On my sports blog, I only promote sports related products. In some cases if an article is sport specific, I try to place banners that relate to that sport.

Like any marketing technique and especially in affiliate marketing, it makes sense to test various campaigns. Try different types of ads and see which seem to drive traffic and convert the best.

I suggest Clickbank. They have a good system for affiliates in place and have a wide variety of products from various niches.

Since you have blogs up, you can easily turn that into an affiliate marketing site by promoting products in there related to the blog's niche. There are plenty of websites that offer resources and training to affiliate marketers. Choose one course, stick to it and follow the course through.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

As far as getting started out, would it be better to make websites based around an offer, or make the site first and find an applicable offer for it?

Also, for the affiliate companies mentioned thus far, would it be recommended to have established websites for my application, or will they accept me as a beginner?

I suggest you find a niche first so you can decide on what keywords to target as well as choose products to promote. After that you can write the content and get the site up.

If you already have an existing blog, you can join an affiliate network and choose products related in your blog's niche to promote.

Affiliate networks usually accept newbies so you shouldn't run into any difficulty registering for one.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread