Boden sets minimum monthly threshold to stay in program
    Just received this:
    We wanted to inform you of some changes that we are making to our program. In order to make the affiliate program more manageable, we have decided to set the minimum amount of revenue that publishers need to achieve in order to remain active in the program at $1,000 per month. We took a look at all revenue that has been driven through the program since January of 2011 and found that, unfortunately, you have not reached this threshold.

While we do appreciate the efforts you have made in promoting Boden, we have made a business decision to end our partnership to focus on the higher revenue generating publishers. Please feel free to contact us at [email] with any questions. Best wishes going forward!
    I will never promote this store again. They were hard to promote as text links in the CJ interface re-directed to the home page, or returned an error.

Watch those "higher revenue generating" publishers drop when they don't have all the smaller sites to prop them up (ie, toolbars, etc).

I don't wish them the best going forward...
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; April 3rd, 2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Link baiting

Don't need to spend 8 years at Harvard Business School to understand that 10 affiliates who generate $100 each in sales volume are contributing just as much to the bottom line as one affiliate who generates $1,000 does.

Knuckleheadedness seems to be contagious, especially with CJ merchants.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

3. Thanks From:

Not to mention how little effort they put into the program - if I received two emails a month, that was a lot. This is a lazy high-handed decision that (I hope) will cost them in the long run.

I have a page that ranks quite high for the brand, will put their competitors on there "as an alternative to"..

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Unless they have 200 producers sending over $1000 a month there will come the day when the president asks why the program isn't growing.

Dear Boden,

I promise to send $1000+ a month in sales, please approve my application.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; April 3rd, 2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Link baiting

This is one of the worst business plans I've ever seen. I'm guessing that the bozos who run the affiliate program don't have much of a clue about affiliate marketing. Thanks for informing me about these guys. I will stay away from them! Actually I don't need to worry about them, I'm not anywhere on their radar with that threshold.

I've been way in their threshold for some time now (they convert well for me), but if I have a bad month are they going to cut me & lose the revenue for the rest of the year? *shrug*
    Merchants, build your own coupon landing pages with [URL="http://couponzor.com/"]Couponzor[/URL] - Example Landing Page: [URL="http://istockphoto.couponzor.com/"]iStockPhoto Coupons[/URL]

They didn't convert well for me, but my site meets that criteria for a number of merchants, with a fairly high average EPC.

Ironically they were on a shortlist of merchants who were going to get some attention once my URL issue was resolved (rewrite project that is taking some time).

I'm now motivated to promote the heck out of their competitors.

It p%&%&& me off as well. I have never promoted them actively as I was only on the standard 5% rate. Anything below Amazon's rates is an insult.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I'd rather work with a bunch of middle tier producing affiliates that are building solid content that helps real people than be dependent on 10 toolbar/coupon affiliates for all of my production. Putting all of your eggs in one basket is really dangerous and gives way too much pull to those big affiliates.

Thanks to all the small to medium guys for the hard work you put in to serve your shoppers.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

11. Thanks From:

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread