Question 4checks
    I've been with them for quite some time, in all their changes, independant to shareasale, to google affiliate. To umpteen link changes that required extensive work changing things over.

For the life of me I can't get hold of anyone there, plus I noticed a lot of their animal checks are gone

Is it going down the tube? I tried contacting andy who is meant to have taken over and I haven't heard a peep. I don't know if kathy is still there. ( i hope they aint going to do another switch back to shareasale as that would break the camels back, Google is fine by me, just please answer email ) Also have only had 1 newsletter from them this year ( march ) no jan, feb or april.. think thats stopped too.

I then go to add some carousel checks today and I contact the affiliate manager who is listed on the site only to discover they have left and a new one is in but their site is not updated to reflect that.

Is it me or do check sites go through affiliate managers like they are changing their underpants? its nuts man

what do you have to do reach someone?

Oh and your skype id andy doesn't work ( that was given out as one of the means of contact for 4checks)

Quote Originally Posted by easylife
    Is it me or do check sites go through affiliate managers like they are changing their underpants? its nuts man
    Yep - lots of turnonver.

4Checks has had two affiliate managers since it's inception, Kim and Kathy. The parent organization (Custom Direct) was purchased by Deluxe a while back. Andy Rodriguez Consulting has been given the opportunity to take the reigns, keeping the program on the path of continued growth. With Andy's experience and track record I can only see good things happening going forward.

Carousel had one full-time affiliate manager, Jill, on board for nearly a year. She would still be there had I not offered her the opportuinty to take over the "family business." Aaron, the new affiliate manager who took the position on March 9th, has been with the company about the same length of time. He has been an integral part of the Carousel program and has attended the last two Affilaite Summits.

Information about the change(s) to both programs, along with contact info, was in the last newsletter sent out by each program, respectively.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Exclamation
    Ahhh .. Change - the one constant in life isn't it?

Yes, we have taken over the 4Checks affiliate program on GAN.

Yes, we are still running the #1 Top 100 PowerRank program on ShareASale, Checks Unlimited.

Here are some brief bullet points to clear things up and offer you some light as to what may seem confusing.

1) The 4Checks.com affiliate program and the Checks Unlimited program are owned by the same company - Deluxe.

2) Going forward, you will start to see more blending and consolidation in the manner the programs are being managed.

3) The 4Checks program will remain at GAN for the foreseable future, while anything is possible we are not moving from GAN at this time, that is as of the time of this post.

4) You will see increased communication from the 4Checks program, I know newsletters and communication was scarce. That has already started to change.

5) Kathy Ann is no longer with the company.

6) The main point of contact in the 4Checks program is now ARC. That has already taken place, my contact info is:

Email: 4checks / @ / andyrodriguez.com (remove the spaces)
    Email: checks / @ / andyrodriguez.com (remove spaces)
    Email: andy / @ / andyrodriguez.com (remove spaces)
    Phone: 888-931-ANDY (2639)
    Twitter: @CheckAffiliates / @AffiliateDoctor

** I get a TON of email since the domain has been registered for over 10 years and we have over 100 addys at this domain, so Skype, Twitter and Phone are the best means of contact.

You can also follow our blog for program updates and news on both check programs.

7) We are just starting to work on the 4Checks account, expect changes coming soon. All for the better, no worries.

Our goal is to mirror the success that the Checks Unlimited program has had over the last 6 years on the 4Checks program.

Without getting into too many details, you can read between the lines - the Checks Unlimited program has been and remains the leader in the check affiliate program industry, among all merchant check sites and across all networks - Checks Unlimited is the leader - in affiliate channel revenue, conversions and affiliate earnings. Period, no questions asked. If you want to know more details, please get in contact and I will happily share, can't do it on a public forum :-) Those who work with us know what i'm talking about.

So in a nutshell, we have been called upon to do what we have done for Checks Unlimitted on the 4Checks program. It's not going to be an easy task, we are on for the challenge and it will be done.

If you are not selling checks, you are trully missing out on one of affiliate marketing's best kept secrets - (sorry to all my current affiliates). If you are reding this and are not our affiliate, I invite to join our programs and get in touch with me, we are selling checks, tons of them and would love to work with you. Just so you know, we pay out over $150K in commissions each month!! Work with us and you can take your share!

Join ChecksUnlimited here.

Join 4Checks here.

I look forward to working with you .... if you have any comments or feedback, please leave here or in our blog.

Have an amazing weekend.
    Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; April 5th, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Quote Originally Posted by easylife View Post
    Oh and your skype id andy doesn't work ( that was given out as one of the means of contact for 4checks)
    Our Skype is AffiliateDoctor, add me in and we will connect.

Thanks!
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

By the way, I see Marty from Deluxe reading the thread .. nothing like some friendly in-house competition ...

We do sell Business Checks as well on both Checks Unlimited and 4Checks !!!

Game on !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez View Post
    By the way, I see Marty from Deluxe reading the thread .. nothing like some friendly in-house competition ...

We do sell Business Checks as well on both Checks Unlimited and 4Checks !!!

Game on !!!
    I'm guessing my last 2 emails Andy to checks@andyrodriguez.com and 4checks@andyrodriquez.com, didn't get through i sent them over on Tuesday? I will resend to your doc@andyrodriguez.com email

I also sent kathy an email, is she still there or has she left ( might explain why I haven't heard back from her ?)

cheers
    Last edited by easylife; April 5th, 2012 at 08:29 PM.

J,

It was great talking to you via Skype ...

Have an amazing day!

Quote Originally Posted by easylife View Post
    I'm guessing my last 2 emails Andy to checks@andyrodriguez.com and 4checks@andyrodriquez.com, didn't get through i sent them over on Tuesday? I will resend to your doc@andyrodriguez.com email

I also sent kathy an email, is she still there or has she left ( might explain why I haven't heard back from her ?)

cheers

After having most of 4checks checks disappear from their site, and no notification that business checks would be redirected over to checksunlimited without no links available in google network

I'm about to jump ship and move to carousel. Its been a great ride with 4checks but i can see over the past 3 years it has gone drastically down hill, poor management, lack of support, lack of incentives and changes made with ZERO notification.

Ive been sending traffic on all my business checks using links from google affiliate network only to discover without notification that they have all been stopped and 4checks now has a page that says go to checksunlimited.

checksunlimited is not even in google affiliate network. !!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant find links for any business checks in there as they are under shareasale.

No notification of this is really bad, and yes I checked my spam email. nothing on this.

So I have been sending traffic using google affiliate links, those have been redirected to checksunlimited and as checksunlimited is not in google network ( i have not been getting commission for this )

That was an underhanded move and not the type of integrity that is meant to come from an affiliate program in the shareasale network

I for one will seriously be considering changing all my sites to carousel

Think about it this way!

If I was running an affiliate program telling people yes. Send traffic to 4checks.com Log in to google affiliate network and get your links as GOOGLE will be tracking your commission and paying you.

Then on the 4checks.com website I changed the BUSINESS page to tell customers. Go to checksunlimited for all your business check.

Then I never notified affiliates to let them know that any business checks would require them to join the checksunlimited program on shareasale.

Then I changed on the backend of Google so that ALL those business links redirected to checksunlimited which is NOT EVEN IN the google affiliate network and NOT i believe..trackable

That means

Affiliates are going to have a lot of links that are not getting tracked or commission for and are being redirected to a program that is in another network?

Something is messed up. I just want to make sure my links are being tracked.
    Last edited by easylife; May 25th, 2012 at 04:25 PM.

Jon,

As I told you over Skype, we would look into this and we have a started to investigate ... i think you will find that most of your post and statements are incorrect.

I am continuing to investigate however nothing has been underhanded and i will post an update when i have the full picture.

When was the last time you checked or updated your links on that site you mentioned?

Thanks,

UPDATE

It's a 4:45 on a long holiday weekend but information is coming in.

1) All business check sales originating from the 4checks site are being tracked and affiliates are getting commission on those sales. There is tracking installed on the CU business check pages.

2) Email communication went out to all affiliates, getting copy of that very soon from GAN

Advice to all affiliates: Join both programs, 4checks on GAN and ChecksUnlimited on SAS : -)

More info as it comes in ...
    Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; May 25th, 2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Updating post

Jon,

As I told you over Skype, we would look into this and we have a started to investigate ... i think you will find that most of your post and statements are incorrect.

I am continuing to investigate however nothing has been underhanded and i will post an update when i have the full picture.

When was the last time you checked or updated your links on that site you mentioned?

Thanks,

UPDATE

It's a 4:45 on a long holiday weekend but information is coming in.

1) All business check sales originating from the 4checks site are being tracked and affiliates are getting commission on those sales. There is tracking installed on the CU business check pages.

2) Email communication went out to all affiliates, getting copy of that very soon from GAN

Advice to all affiliates: Join both programs, 4checks on GAN and ChecksUnlimited on SAS : -)

More info as it comes in ...
    I contacted google head of the program today after you said you weren't aware what was going on and to send you an email. Google said they weren't notified of these changes either and if they werent being tracked, they themselves were not getting paid. ( So there is already a breakdown of communication there )

I have no qualms about changes being made if they are being tracked and affiliates are being notified. A simple email out saying " All business checks on 4checks will no longer be available BUT your links will be redirecting to checksunlimited and be tracked. Or you can join shareasale and the checksunlimited program and get business checks there."

But no email was sent. ( I checked my inbox, spam and trash )

And regarding checks links. I run a lot of sites. My last conversation with Kathy before she departed was the following " Are the old clickserve links still being tracked even though they have changed to gan.doubleclick as I have tons and tons of them and I am changing them over ?" she said yes. As I have a number of sites that gave me plenty of time to go through an update those working/trackable links.

The problem here is to do with the redirection of a program that is being tracked in the google affiliate network to a program that is not in the google affiliate network and communication of changes

The redirection is occuring on all business links regardless of if they are the old clickserve or gan.doublelink urls.

The point in this case is that all business related links were redirected without notification to me as an affiliate. No email was sent. No information was given. You seemed to have no idea what was going on when asked and yet you are the one heading up the program, are you not?. On top of that, Google themselves seemed concerned they had not heard that this change had been made

All of which seems very odd and raises some valid concerns when affiliates are working their ass off and trying to figure out where they are to get their links from. ( google network?, shareasale network? ) and if they are getting paid for those redirects
    Last edited by easylife; May 25th, 2012 at 05:26 PM.

" Are the old clickserve links still being tracked even though they have changed to gan.doubleclick as I have tons and tons of them and I am changing them over ?" she said yes. As I have a number of sites that gave me plenty of time to go through an update those working/trackable links.

The problem here is to do with the redirection of a program that is being tracked in the google affiliate network to a program that is not in the google affiliate network and communication of changes

The redirection is occuring on all business links regardless of if they are the old clickserve or gan.doublelink urls.
    Actually, though some of the old clickserve links reach their proper destination, many are diverted (hijacked, in my opinion) to a Google error page with a cute picture of a broken robot. Though this issue is not specific to 4checks, it does affect 4checks and 4checks affiliates as well as other GAN clients and affiliates.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    Actually, though some of the old clickserve links reach their proper destination, many are diverted (hijacked, in my opinion) to a Google error page with a cute picture of a broken robot. Though this issue is not specific to 4checks, it does affect 4checks and 4checks affiliates as well as other GAN clients and affiliates.

The main case here isn't about clickserve links or hijacking --- its about redirection to a program outside of the google affiliate network ( Lets not confuse the issue )

It would be like joining to promote 1800 flowers on linkshare, having linkshare links on your website and the discovering they all went to a flowershop whos program and links were in shareasale.com. Sure initially you might think your website was hijacked but then when you discover on 1800 flowers page that they have a statement to customers ( not affiliates) that they no longer do an entire category of flowers and if you want them you had to go to a different store that runs a different program in a different network. You might wonder what is going on?

They were not hijacked, as its clear on 4checks business page that they are no longer doing business checks on their site and if anyone wants them they are going to have to go to checksunlimited, they have changed their own page to reflect that, yet that change was not made known to affiliates. Checksunlimited is not in the google affiliate network, they are in the shareasale network, all their links are in the shareasale network and can only be tracked by joining the program on the shareasale network.

So the question arises. Are and have my google affiliate network links being tracked when the links are redirecting to a program that exists outside of the google affiliate network?

I am waiting to hear back from Google on this.

It raises further concerns when you ask management why was I not told about this redirection change. They have no clue.

Look, having someone insert pixels on every single page of checksunlimited to track a redirection would be a large task that wouldn't leave management in the dark. So Im still waiting to hear from Google as to whether or not those were and are being tracked.

If yes, great ( but why no email?)
    If no, why? Will there be compensation for loss? ( and still why no email?)

Also, when google who manages the program aswell seems as alarmed as you are after they have looked at 4checks business website page and these redirections, that raises valid concerns.

Either they have someone anonymously updating their 4checks website that works for checksunlimited and access to 4checks admin area in the google affiliate network or something is amiss and there is a serious communication breakdown among staff and affiliates. Either way it doesn't look good for the program, for those who trust in them to make sure it's running smoothly and that everything is being accounted for.
    Last edited by easylife; May 25th, 2012 at 06:19 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    easylife - A 4checks GAN email was sent out Sept. 21, 2011 with the subject line "4checks - Business Checks Consolidation"". I won't paste the whole email but as for how GAN links would be handled, this is all it said.

All Google Affiliate links to busines checks will now be redirected to the Business Products Division of Checks Unlimited where customers can shop the latest business checks and accessories today!
    Not sure if something special was done to track those redirects for 4checks to CU but it does seem odd when 2 different networks are involved.

16. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    easylife - A 4checks GAN email was sent out Sept. 21, 2011 with the subject line "4checks - Business Checks Consolidation"". I won't paste the whole email but as for how GAN links would be handled, this is all it said.

Not sure if something special was done to track those redirects for 4checks to CU but it does seem odd when 2 different networks are involved.
    Thanks for that update. My isp must have filtered that one out which can happen, and I'm only spotting the redirection today.

I EAT MY WORDS AND I NEED A NEW ISP

thanks, they must have everything setup and having 2 sites work together from different networks

ABW Ambassador
    Just curious, I don't really promote business checks. Are those business check products still in the 4checks datafeed or have they been moved to the CU datafeed?

Just curious, I don't really promote business checks. Are those business check products still in the 4checks datafeed or have they been moved to the CU datafeed?
    Not sure mslady I dont use datafeeds, just grab links from the networks and include them in my sites, this apply to all affiliate programs. I'm gathering it was just easier for them to redirect on the backend and track that way. Dealing with so many affiliate programs its tricky at times keep track of them all

ABW Ambassador
    Andy, got an answer to this question?

Andy, got an answer to this question?
    LB, those have been moved to the CU feed on SAS.

Sorry for not getting to this sooner : -)

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Andy, just wanted to know where to look if I added business checks to my website.

LB, those have been moved to the CU feed on SAS.

Sorry for not getting to this sooner : -)
    Andy can you clarify something

Are you saying this requires people to join shareasale to get business checks for a program that exists on google affiliate network?

I'm not fully understanding this. Shouldnt that program be in the google affiliate network as that is where 4 checks program is? Or the 4checks entire program be in the shareasale platform?

I'm just trying to get my head around this. 90% of 4checks links are in the google affiliate network, google issues payments. The other 10% ( business portion of 4checks ) is now being offered by checksunlimited which is on the shareasale network.

So if i want links for business checks, am i required to join shareasale (im already on shareasale ) and grab my links from checksunlimited program and then any sales made on those business checks. I will get paid through shareasale instead of 4checks program in google?

Im just trying to get my head around this so I can get links for business checks as Ive never seen any affiliate program split part of their product into another network, without moving entirely over to the new network
    Last edited by easylife; June 4th, 2012 at 01:15 PM.

It appears that is what he's saying. Try the CheckCrafters dot com URL. The landing page states they are now with ChecksUnlimited. Hit a link and look at the URL and it becomes obvious they are no longer operating as CheckCrafters.

CheckCrafters is no longer under the 4checks marketing umbrella (GAN). It has moved to CU and therefore is now under SAS tracking.

I haven't checked individual products but there is much duplication among business checks. I would find it hard to believe that they wouldn't consolidate products as well as the company. Actual production may also have moved from Maryland to Colorado.

But fear not - the Checks Unlimited brand converts like crazy.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread