FARGO, N.D. -- A man who said he was fed up with his cellular phone service went to a Fargo mall and started hurling phones across a store, striking an employee and causing more than $2,000 in damage, authorities said.

Jason Perala, 22, of Fargo, told The Forum newspaper that he planned only to yell at employees at Verizon Wireless.

"Then I just lost it," he said. "I just started grabbing computers and phones and throwing them. I just destroyed the place. ... I kind of regret that I did it, but I hope my message got across."

Police said Perala took off his shirt and put on safety glasses before throwing around computers, phones and other items.

One employee was struck in the shoulder by a phone before he and other workers dashed into an office, locked the door and called police, Sgt. Kevin Volrath said. Other businesses in the West Acres mall lowered their steel security gates during Thursday's incident.

Perala was arrested without incident and jailed on charges of felony criminal mischief and misdemeanor simple assault.

My Hero! I wish I had thought of that.
    Verizon Sucks!

ABW Ambassador
    All methed up, dunno what to do
    Trashed a store because my kitty told me to!
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

LOL - I saw that on the local news as I live in West Fargo. I have had Quest rip me off on my phone bill and lie to me but I never thought about trashing their offices. Hmmmmmm..... Nah - I'll just tell everyone what a ripoff Quest is and that they lie.
    Larry Wentz
    <a href=""></a>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    St Clair Shores MI.
    I guess they can "hear him now"!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Richmond, VA
    We got rid of Verizon (landline) here, and went with the CLEC. Verizon, which used to have outstanding customer service, has just gone down the toilet. Calling them, and asking for anything is confusing, time-consuming, and a general PITA.

maybe we should all pitch in a get that guy a lawyer then when he gets out give him a computer with n-case on it and a free trip to well you guys know where im going with this
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread