Wordpress Advertising Plugins??
    I'm doing some of my own research to find the best advertising management plugins/widgets for wordpress. I want the best plugins for inserting ads into my blogs/sites.

Anyone have an opinion on some plugs they're using for advertising? I'll add my own and final decisions soon.

I recently found one that does a terrific job with Adsense, and I think it's designed to use with any ads, not just Adsense. You can find it searching the plugin directory at Wordpress.org. It's called Ad Injection.

I've only been using it about a week. In the past, I've always hard-coded my Adsense where I wanted it. I'm currently switching blogs over to the Atahualpa theme and it's not really very "Adsense friendly," so someone recommended Ad Injector.

I really love the levels of control and options the plugin gives -- plus I got a quick, very helpful response from the plugin's creator when I had a question after first installing it.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks writerguy! that's one that I've seen on a couple review blog postings. WP125 is another one I keep finding on the best of the best blogs. I'll check further into Ad Injection.

Ok, I have settled on one really nice widget called "Ad Squares" it's just a simple plugin that gives you a widget for 125x125 ads. The cool thing about it is that you have full control of the ads on each page and can use multiple individual widgets on several pages.

aha! I see the dilemma now. If I have a bunch of manually placed ads... if the ads change, I have to go back and manually change them. THAT! could be a huge undertaking. However, I really wanted to strategically place ads. Hmmmm.... I guess a good mix of auto ads and manual ads would be ideal.

They always say... the best conversation are with yourself

My methods of adding advertisements to my wordpress will be:

Manually inserting code into my posts and text widget area's- I will use this method for targeting specific ads in specific places.

Ad Squares- This simple manual input plugin will give me the targeted ad placement for 125x125 ads in specific places.

WP125- This is an automatic 125x125 plugin for managing ads. This way I can make mass changes to multiple area's without having to go to each manually.

Ad Injection- This is an automatic plugin for posting ads anywhere in wordpress. Will allow for mass management of ads. This will make it easy to manage ads across the entire site from one central place.

As I'm a novice... I might find that Ad Injection can handle everything I need and eventually I'll find that Ad Squares and WP125 aren't needed. I'll just have to play around with these and see what works the best.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread