Hello
    Hello everyone.
    My name is Sorin and this is my firt post in this forum.
    I will have some beginner questions,
    Ok so let me tell you from the start.
    I recently launched my first site,i have like a week,so now I don't have to much traffic,like 30-40 visitors per day,i tried to otimize the site along,because if I will not try by myself I would never now.
    So my first question is:
    Its better to wait for more traffic before i do make an affiliation?
    Do you have any advice or tip for me to improve the traffic?

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by calebtheredwood; April 9th, 2012 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Removed Link

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Hello Sorin and welcome to ABestWeb! 30-40 visitors per day for a week old site is pretty good. What are you doing to generate that traffic?

Hello,Thank for reply.
    I optimaze with all in one seo,i use wordpress and index in google.
    But now i think i have a probleme,caz when i type my name domain on google search it will not apperar,yesturaday when i type mynamedomain without .com appear,today dosent.I change the preferred domain from mynamedomain.com to www.mynamedomain.com,so this is why it would not show me?
    And somthing else,how to optimaze so that when i tape "my name domain" will appear on serach engine instead of "mynamedomain"?Because my domain like exemple above have 3 words.I change in all in one seo but i see no change and i have like 3 days since i change it.
    Thank you and hope you get my point.
    And somthing else,i saw i got a warning because i post my link blog,and saw other member of the forum have on signature their domain.Where i go wrong ?

You need to make sure your domain is still listed in google - search the following:

site:mynamedomain.com
    and
    site:www.mynamedomain.com

The above will list your indexed pages. Special Google searches - Webmaster Tools Help

Assuming your site is still indexed, it could take google some time to recognize your preferred name. A new site isn't crawled as often, and you will just have to be patient (we all go through site changes that take time to get picked up).

and saw other member of the forum have on signature their domain.Where i go wrong?
    Forum rules are here, and you agreed to them when you signed up: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/midni...es-146455.html

Ok,thanks for reply.
    So if i change that preferrince from webmaster tools,i have to make a 301 redirection?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caddylac View Post
    Ok,thanks for reply.
    So if i change that preferrince from webmaster tools,i have to make a 301 redirection?
    No, you don't. Make sure all your internal links go to www.

Place the following in your .htaccess:

Code:
    RewriteEngine On
    # adds www to Browser URL
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www
    RewriteRule (.*) http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [L,R=301]
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Hello,
    Ok,i did it,unfortunately now i have only like 7-8 visitators per day since google not show my web on serach,i have only to type mydomain.com/www.mydomain.com to show me my site.I will wait like one week to see what gone happen,since then i will try to put him on some directory,any advice because i read somthing about directory but i don't know how to start.

Thank for your time and for help me out.
    Best regards.

Heloo,

So now when i write on google site:findingtheworld.com appear like 300 result,when i write with www appear like 130 result.

On this domain wasn't a website before i buy it,and i use keyword on every post.And I think it's a probleme if the result will repeat wright ?Because on my home page i have latest post,also they have category so google will find them like duplicate right?and also they find duplicate aricole the non www with www ?

So because i have been on a little holiday i didn't post anything on my site so now i have like 2-3 visitators..tomorrow i will se what i will do to improve my traffic.And it's strange because when I start with this site I started on a free host...with the name findingtheworld.web44.com so like in 3-4 days without index on google or any kind of seo optimaze i started to recive 20 comments on day,now with a real domain name, keywords,seo and index i have 2-3 visitators on day.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Take a look at this thread which can help you join the two versions of the domain into one: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/domai...eo-154135.html

So now when i write on google site:findingtheworld.com appear like 300 result,when i write with www appear like 130 result.
    Since you made the change in the Google Web Master Tools it will take a little while for the Google to filter out the non-www and fully index the www versions of your domain.

On this domain wasn't a website before i buy it,and i use keyword on every post.And I think it's a probleme if the result will repeat wright ?Because on my home page i have latest post,also they have category so google will find them like duplicate right?and also they find duplicate aricole the non www with www ?
    If you have the article on the home page and under a category you can get penalized for duplicate content. Perhaps truncate (shorten) the articles on the front page with a "read full article..." at the end of the shortened post.

Again, don't worry about the non-www and www - time will take care of that.

So because i have been on a little holiday i didn't post anything on my site so now i have like 2-3 visitators..tomorrow i will se what i will do to improve my traffic.And it's strange because when I start with this site I started on a free host...with the name findingtheworld.web44.com so like in 3-4 days without index on google or any kind of seo optimaze i started to recive 20 comments on day,now with a real domain name, keywords,seo and index i have 2-3 visitators on day.
    You domain was only registered a little over two weeks ago and only for one year. You're fortunate to have any traffic yet. While web44.com was registered 12 years ago. It has age on it's side.

With your website being on a new domain, and just like any new domain/website, it will take time. More than a few weeks, especially if you take frequent holidays...

11. Thanks From:

Thanks for reply,i find the answer that i was looking for.
    On my home page i have excerpts just 30-35 words but nothing write like read more or read the full article,you have to click on the title of the post to redirect you to the full article.It's not a problem right ?

Best regards

Thanks for reply,i find the answer that i was looking for.
    On my home page i have excerpts just 30-35 words but nothing write like read more or read the full article,you have to click on the title of the post to redirect you to the full article.It's not a problem right ?

Best regards
    Nope, not a problem at all...

Ok,I will wait more time to start my traffic to grow.
    Its my first website so I just want to not make some irreparable mistake or to start wrong from beginning.

I will come back when i will have more unclear.

Thanks for your time

Best regards

Thanks for your time

Best regards
    You're welcome. See you next time...

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread