900 visitors 2 sales at amazon, what can you say about it
    what if this happen to your amazon site, 900 visitors and only 2 sales....

Quote Originally Posted by Kerouac View Post
    it happens quite often. does your site offer anything more than links to products? and what is the period of time for those 900 visitors?

if you wish, there is a place in this forum where you can have your site critiqued.

ABW Ambassador
    To be clear, is it:

900 people came to your site, resulting in 2 sales at Amazon or

900 actual Amazon clicks and 2 sales

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    ... what is your Amazon conversion percentage? (upper right of your interface, under "Orders Summary")
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

this statistics did not happen to my site, as my site is just new, the stats was given by someone who experienced it while he was new to amazon... I was just asking what do you think of this stats.

Another thing to clarify the question... this amazon affiliate now is relatively successful as an affiliate and earning well... this stats just did not daunt him to stop but instead motivated him to pursue and persevere some more. but what if this stats happen to you, wouldn't you go insane thinking what happened and drop from this business altogether.

ABW Ambassador
    "I was just asking what do you think of this stats. "

Can't give you an opinion until you clarify post #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    To be clear, is it:

900 people came to your site, resulting in 2 sales at Amazon or
    this is the premise of the question

Analyzing someone else's statistics is meaningless.

I've seen it all.. thousands of clicks with no sales, to a handful of clicks with plenty of sales. It depends on the program, it depends on the site, it depends on the source of traffic. If it's not your own site, you have no way of knowing if the two sales were a miracle, or a dud.

10. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Also, as Amazon treats each item sold as a separate transaction, it could also have been one sale that included two items.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager Yulia from DNP's Avatar
    If you are treating your traffic like air, and thinking about quitting the second something like that happens to you, sounds like you are not too enthusiastic about making your site convert,as you are also not answering peoples questions, they are meant to help you.
    My advice- stop panicking regarding your stats, everything happens, what you need to do is to analyze the situation.
    Try answering the questions, it will guide you to the solution.
    [B]Yulia Borova
    Affiliate Manager - [B][url=http://DirectNetPartners.com][COLOR="Purple"]Tobacco Affiliate Program - GET 50$ Sign up bonus[/url][/COLOR][/B]
    Email: [email]Yulia@DirectNetPartners.com[/email] | Skype: DNPYulia | [url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/DirectNet-Partners/211572005534452]Our Facebook Page[/url][/B]

I can't say for sure, but I do know for me, I never give up on it. I have used Amazon and Adsense since 2005, and have only this past year started making sales. I had more than 900 clicks and no sales. Now I am getting sales and I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by katlupe View Post
    I can't say for sure, but I do know for me, I never give up on it. I have used Amazon and Adsense since 2005, and have only this past year started making sales. I had more than 900 clicks and no sales. Now I am getting sales and I am happy.
    7 years! that's near a decade! don't know what to say.

7 years! that's near a decade! don't know what to say
    Then don't say anything... everyone posting here has been trying to help you. If you think affiliate marketing is a get rich quick scheme, you're in for a surprise. This is a part-time job or hobby for many..

900 visitors a day would give you at least 5-6 sales a day.
    900 a month would give you 0 sales.
    (that's, of course, in case you're not selling planes or small countries)

Hits are not visitors. Bots generate hits too, and the easiest way to get the numbers straight is to put AdSense on every page, let Google figure out who's what, plus it will make money out of almost any kind of traffic (meaning if you don't buy cheap clicks that's useless).

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    900 visitors a day would give you at least 5-6 sales a day.
    900 a month would give you 0 sales.
    900 visitors/month probably explained the no sales for the affiliate that experienced no sales... yet, that's a considerably a good number still...

also to make it clear, i started this thread just to open a healthy, speculative discussion, not a problem of mine. when our moderator here suggested that it is meaningless to talk about it, i decided that he's right so I just drop the idea of lengthening this thread. it does not mean i dont wanna be helped by others. thanks.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    900 visitors/month probably explained the no sales for the affiliate that experienced no sales... yet, that's a considerably a good number still...
    900 visitors/month is hardly worth getting out of bed for.

2 products sold is definitely not worth getting out of bed...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Smile
    yes, 900 visitors a month or 30 visitors a day.. but the affiliate who said it happened to him was a newbie then - he's relatively successful now after building more sites. probably his audience is not targeted for the low 2 sales. i guest if you are a newbie, getting your first 500 visitors/month is hard, like me, but you can make some sales on that if you have good content and your visitors are your target audience --not just net surfers looking for info. :-)

Now that we clarified the following as:

• This was a newbie in affiliate marketing
    • This was 900 visitors in a month
    • This was 2 items sold - may or may not have been from one sale

You answered your own question with your last post by saying that person is now more successful and by identifying that traffic needs to be targeted. Bottom line: If you continue to work and learn, you have the opportunity to become successful...

21. Thanks From:

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    ... Bottom line: If you continue to work and learn, you have the opportunity to become successful...

Yes, this is basically the point and the thing that must be kept in mind. You will surely encounter a lot of challenges that can make you give up, especially if you want to reap quickly what you have worked for. But in this line of business, it takes a lot of time to learn, tweak what you know, and apply it. This must always be remembered by all newbies (applicable to me also). One of my points besides getting this thread into a healthy, speculative discussion is that to give a worst case scenario - like what happened to the newbie that experienced it -- and say it can happen to you but it is not a reason to give up or abandon the work at hand. When you know it can happen, at least you are prepared and basically knew it can happen. this can easily lighten the burden of getting too frustrated and hopefully you can move on and continue to persevere.

23. Thanks From:

Visitors can be divided into 2 categories: buyers and clickers. 900 visitors and only 2 sales mean two things:
    1. All your visitors are clickers
    2. All your pages are deeper than page #50 in Google.
    Here's what I mean: if your pages are too deep in Google, only "clickers" will ever reach your site. Buyers usually find the same items on first pages in Google.
    What's worse, if the clickers finally find your site and click through to a merchant's site, there's a huge risk of your cookies being overwritten by another affiliate's cookies. After all, there's a good chance the clicker-buyer will keep on clicking (and lose your cookies in the process).

25. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager Yulia from DNP's Avatar
    Very well said

Visitors can be divided into 2 categories: buyers and clickers. 900 visitors and only 2 sales mean two things:
    1. All your visitors are clickers
    2. All your pages are deeper than page #50 in Google.
    Here's what I mean: if your pages are too deep in Google, only "clickers" will ever reach your site. Buyers usually find the same items on first pages in Google.
    What's worse, if the clickers finally find your site and click through to a merchant's site, there's a huge risk of your cookies being overwritten by another affiliate's cookies. After all, there's a good chance the clicker-buyer will keep on clicking (and lose your cookies in the process).
    [B]Yulia Borova
    Affiliate Manager - [B][url=http://DirectNetPartners.com][COLOR="Purple"]Tobacco Affiliate Program - GET 50$ Sign up bonus[/url][/COLOR][/B]
    Email: [email]Yulia@DirectNetPartners.com[/email] | Skype: DNPYulia | [url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/DirectNet-Partners/211572005534452]Our Facebook Page[/url][/B]

Visitors can be divided into 2 categories: buyers and clickers.
    Don't blame your visitors.

First they must be classified as targeted traffic and non-targeted traffic.

900 visitors and 2 sold items is shotgun marketing. Means you are driving non-targeted traffic either to your site, your merchant, or both.

Or, you're selling lingerie and have a bunch of prepubescent boys as your visitors

28. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread