Newie
    Please I am new to this affiliate marketing and would like advice to start earning an income ethically, legally and honestly! I was just laid off and I need some help! Please anyone I really appreciate it!

Hi

You need to make a checklist of your skills.
    HTML? Coding? Design? Marketing? SEO? Etc...?
    Just to say "help me I don't know what to do" won't take
    you very far.

You can start out by reading some of the forums; there is
    a newbie subforum.

If you want a member here to respond to you describe some type of base
    where you can start from.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

3. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Hello Jeff or is it Jenn and welcome ABestWeb! Ditto on what Rhia7 said. Let us know what you have started doing so far?

JeffJenn,

If there is something specific you'd like to work on or to learn, then say it because some of us might be able to point you in the right direction.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Hi JeffJenn1,

There's plenty of information available to newbies here in ABW. You can start with learning HTML and how to build a website and then move on to joining affiliate networks and promoting products.

Do no hesitate to let us know what you need help with. Plenty of experienced members here to help you.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Well... If you've been laid off.... my first piece of advice would be to spend your time finding a new job. I would start affiliate marketing as a part-time job because it really takes time before you see "just quit my day job" type returns.

When looking to start affiliate marketing I would go with a plan like this... of course this is just one plan.

1. Build a practice site based on a passion you have.
    2. Don't over complicate this site and make it easy to add content to.
    3. You don't want to make your first site a "labor" of love, you just need to learn the ropes.
    4. Once your site is created, you can join affiliate networks to post ads onto your site.
    -Use adsense to get some pay-per-click money
    -Use affiliate network banners and ads to make some additional sales.
    -Use actual product links and promote certain items to make bigger sales.
    5. Don't get overwhelmed trying to promote your fist site through ALL of the social media outlets. Just pick twitter and facebook so you can learn how to use those.
    6. You'll naturally learn about SEO, Website Design, Affiliate Marketing etc... while you Google how to do the above.
    7. Now that your site is complete and has ads... post content to it regularly and learn about SEO so you can get it ranked in the Search Engines (Google)

You'll also want to learn about "keyword research" and "longtail keywords".

Now, once you've gone through all of that you should have a good idea of how to create a site, do SEO, and how to affiliate market. You should also have a better idea of how you can make money so the next site you build can be more of a money maker. OR... you could rethink your "labor" of love and make it better.

But the first step is getting that first site up and running completely. Otherwise... you may never get started.

8. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    +1 !

Well learned Andy and thank you for paying it forward...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    +1 !

Well learned Andy and thank you for paying it forward...
    Thanks, things are coming together.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Get a part time job while you are looking for a full time job. If you have spare time play with affiliate marketing as a hobby.

If you decided to grow tomatoes as a way to become financially independent you can start with one plant but it will take time before you have fruit. You can sell that fruit but won't get far towards building a farm. If you start with a large garden what about the winter. If you have bad weather or bug infestation then you can be wiped out just like a Google Panda update. You have to try several things to find what works for you and it takes time and study to be successful.

12. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    +1 (Chuck's on a roll with that post - bravo!)
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Great posts all around here. I couldn't have said it better and nothing much more to add. JeffJenn1, you have some good information here to help get you started. If you have any further questions, let us know!

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread