Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How Much Traffic Is Good Traffic?
    I understand that good traffic is traffic that converts but how much traffic is a good start? I have traffic blog that had been receiving 20 hits a day until March. All of a sudden (Past 3 weeks) it's been receiving between 120-150 per day. My blog is 8 months old. Does anyone know of a site where I can compare my traffic to others? I want to know if 130 hits a day is OK for a site of this age.

Thanks.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I use Compete.com and double the value. You will have to google to find sites that match your marketing and demographic.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Chuck.

Chuck Compete.com is a great resource. Thanks

I'd gauge it by its own performance. The only stat that really counts is the one that's printed in dollars on the check in the mail. If one of my sites doesn't produce reasonable cash money in relation to the amount of time and effort put into it, within a reasonable period of time, I put it on the back burner and move on to other things.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

7. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    I'd gauge it by its own performance. The only stat that really counts is the one that's printed in dollars on the check in the mail. If one of my sites doesn't produce reasonable cash money in relation to the amount of time and effort put into it, within a reasonable period of time, I put it on the back burner and move on to other things.
    Good points!

120 hits a day is a bit low for a site that's been around for 8 months but then this depends on the keywords you're targeting and your promotion efforts. Is this all organic traffic or a part comes from paid advertising.

@Chuck - Bookmarked Compete.com. Thanks!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

10. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by affilorama View Post
    120 hits a day is a bit low for a site that's been around for 8 months but then this depends on the keywords you're targeting and your promotion efforts. Is this all organic traffic or a part comes from paid advertising.

@Chuck - Bookmarked Compete.com. Thanks!
    Went from 20/day to 120/150 per day in 3 weeks as my marketing efforts have increased. No paid advertising. 20% Goog traffic and the rest from social media and membership sites where I belong.

12. Thanks From:

120 hits a day is a bit low for a site that's been around for 8 months
    It really depends on a lot of factors. A mini-site that took half a day to build is doing OK if gets 120 visits a day and converts reasonably well. But if a mega-site with hundreds or thousands of hours invested is only pulling in a handful of visitors like that, it really is time to drop it like it's hot.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

14. Thanks From:

in superCool's opinion, if you're getting 120 hits a day on a blog then you must not be writing about things that people care about. is it a real blog or is a WordPress based affiliate site?

The blog is more of a hobby site. Something I love to do. I've monetized it with relevant adds as of late and I'm now working on the revenue side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by superCool View Post
    in superCool's opinion, if you're getting 120 hits a day on a blog then you must not be writing about things that people care about. is it a real blog or is a WordPress based affiliate site?
    Real blog on blogger but in the early days did nothing to market it until about 2 months ago. Since then, my traffic has quadrupled and it's improving weekly.

Hi Bibby, I think you've received good responses in this thread.
    Do you have a Twitter account?
    If you have a Twitter, send out the title of your latest blog entry/article
    with the url and you'll give your blog some publicity that way

Twitter can help you target your audience plus your reputation will build
    as well.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Rhia7. I'll do that shortly.
    Last edited by bibby; April 13th, 2012 at 02:33 AM.

120-150 of actual visitors a day would give you at least $20 a month from AdSense, and IMO it's the worst scenario. So, potentially that site can pay for its domain name plus for a half or more of a dedicated server.

22. Thanks From:

traffic
    well it depends on keywords and quality content, and what you display traffic sites show anywhere from 200 unique visitors, 1500+. highest was 3,500 visitors daily for 1 site. I have noticed that usually it changes either decreases or increases every couple months. But in General I get around 30,000 unique visitors (and around 1.5 million pageviews) visiting my site and content a year. A also have multiple blogs that usually get's around 10-30 visitors daily. I use the following sites for checking daily visitors, Compete.com, Web Empires, and VisualizeTraffic.com - Visualize How Big A Website Really Is!

24. Thanks From:

My niche is sports.

It depends on the type of your website; it is important to receive a constant flow of daily traffic. Constant flow of unique visitors, that is the best possible traffic you can get!

Tax Paying Member
    Bibby,
    I for one appreciate this thread. Comments have been simple but very informative from all. It has been my observation that folks have been reluctant to discuss this topic. This is good information for newbies and grey beards.

Thanks.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Affiliate Manager
    A constant flow of visitors is the best. However, you need to focus on developing rich content. Also, look at paid search. That's a great way to boost traffic. Also, make sure you have the proper seo for your blog. That will help with the organic search traffic.

Hey Bro,

I think the traffic is bit low... I own a Tech blog and its 7 months old and I get 500+ visits everyday and mostly its all organic traffic from Google.

So my suggestion would be to find some competitive keywords which can rank you on top in google search which can bring lot of traffic to your site.

Write some quality content and then do the SEO. Also don't just believe in sharing your link in social networking sites... Instead start sharing your links in Blog, Forums, Social Media, Directories, Video Sites etc. Then you will see the increase in traffic!!!

Cheers... Hope it helps.

MJ

30. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    Compete is a great resource for tracking and comparison. Another suggestion is to download the Alexa traffic rank app for your chrome browser. That way you'll be able to easily assess the ranking and overall prevalence of any site you visit without having to leave the page.
    Mike Hourigan
    Affiliate Manager for [URL="http://www.shoeboxed.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=signature%2B&utm_campaign=abestweb"]Shoeboxed.com[/URL]
    [EMAIL="mikeh@team.shoeboxed.com"]Email[/EMAIL]|[URL="http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=131457835&trk=tab_pro"]LinkedIn[/URL]

32. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Try PageRank Status in Chrome, provides tons of information.

How long is a piece of string? It's going to be very hard to answer your question.

Here is a way. Determine how you are getting traffic? Referrals or Search?

If search what keywords? If its just a handful of keywords. Go into google keyword tool, go to exact. Take that number and divide by 2. That's a guesstimate of what position 1 would be getting. Then look at your position and compare.

There are many ways to do this and it all depends on your situation, as has been said. There are many tools however each has its own degree of inaccuracy.

35. Thanks From:

Thanks Krisk.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast