Thread: What would make it easier for you as an affiliate?

Vendor
    What would make it easier for you as an affiliate?
    Hello all! My name is Emily MacInnes, co-founder of SellFire.com. We are very excited to be in the A Best Web Community now and are hopeful to be able to learn from all of you about how you are using SellFire currently, and ways you wish SellFire could help you in the future.

So consider this a call to current and prospective users - please share your thoughts - be they questions, ideas or general feedback on SellFire & let us know if there are other tools and/or features that you wish SellFire would offer. If there is something that would help you be a better affiliate, we want to know!

Along the way, we'll be sure to post tips for using SellFire and provide updates as new features are added.

Emily

2. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Hi Emily,

When I saw your new forum the other day, I looked at Sellfire and found it very interesting. I did end up joining, but have gone no further yet, for the reason that you want us to provide our network passwords in order to build stores. I find this very troubling, especially since your most successful and widely used competitors, Popshops and Golden Can, do not need this sensitive, personal information.

For some networks, you do have a work around, but my attempts to use those have been futile. For SAS, I find the instructions and requirements totally mystifying. The same for CJ, the LS instructions are totally incomplete, and the PJ section seems to go around in circles.

Also, for GAN, your interface says we must "give the SellFire App permission". How is that done?

I had intended to try out the free system, and if I was happy with it, go to the $9.99/month package. It does not look like I'll ever get that far.

Note, I'm not a newbie, I've be at this for more than a decade and I use those other services extensively.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

4. Thanks From:
    kse

ditto
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Ditto.

Will you give me your passwords - for anything? I think not.

I did try it - with a "test" account I have somewhere. You have some great features and I would sign up in a heartbeat - except for that password thing.

I really like the auto-populate feature - of products for merchants whe I have an existing relationship. That is much less of a hassle than creating "filters" in PopShops.

Like the above posters, I, too, have a bit of experience - being online for 15 years and affiliate marketing for a dozen (as of last month).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I would never give my password either, but here are a few suggestion for your site

1) You need more "How To" videos on the site, the selection one is great but you need to cover the other areas as well.

2) You need some live examples (or at least videos of live sites) so we can get a feel for the product. I know I can use the free version but I want to see an example before I even put in the time of learning the system.

3) But as others have said, I not going to use it if I have to give you my passwords.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Vendor
    Getting started with SellFire
    Thanks so much for taking the time to post and for your interest in SellFire. Glad to hear the interest and liking in some of the features we offer, such as filtering by merchants you are already approved to work with, and extremely appreciative of the feedback on the account set-up process.

First, I want to say clearly that it is absolutely not required to enter your network passwords to use SellFire. With regards to the set-up process, we wanted to give a couple of options to suit our different users.

• Option A: Unlike our competitors, we offer the option to enter in your network username and password as a more express path for users that might not have their affiliate info for each network easily at hand. Users of this path have expressed their appreciation in the simplicity; all information entered is completely secure and confidential.

• Note within Option A, for those not comfortable relaying their main username and password, you can create a sub-account within your primary network account. The sub-account can have a different username and password and limited privileges. Our help center explains how to do it SellFire | Linking Your Affiliate Accounts.

• Option B: We do understand the reluctance to provide such sensitive information however and so also offer the manual entry path similar to many of our competitors, where you directly enter in your affiliate ID only, no network username or password needed.

One of the many features that set SellFire apart from our competitors is our deeper integration with the affiliate networks. SellFire is the only data feed aggregation service that can automatically detect which merchants you are approved to work with. This means our users can find the products that they want to promote quicker and more effectively. However, in order to enable this level of integration, we ask for a bit more information, such as API keys, as part of the set up process. Note that the extra information is completely optional, and is not required to use SellFire, but it does enrich the experience.

Feedback very much noted though, especially on instructions needing to be clearer Accordingly, we’ve just added some new articles to our help center (check them out here SellFire | Linking Your Affiliate Accounts), made some adjustments to the set-up process and more clearly called out what is optional versus required information.

I hope that you’ll give it another try and let me know how it goes. I think you’ll find that once you are set up, our search and store customization features are superior to the services you are using now!

Thanks again,
    Emily
    Last edited by SellFireEm; April 15th, 2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Clarity around password requirement

9. Thanks From:
    kse

Vendor
    Re: More Demos
    KSE - Glad you liked the Search How To Video! We are in the process of creating more demos and gathering example sites. In the meantime, wanted to be sure to pass along our instructional video on how to use our store creator, Store Creator Instructional Video.

It should help you get the most out of the design features that we offer.

Emily

11. Thanks From:
    kse

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Hello Emily and thanks for the introduction. I see you are reaching out to affiliate for their input which puts you ahead of the game. Affiliates are very touchy about their personal data and information after years of getting ripped off or having their hard work pirated.

Vendor
    Hi Chuck-

Definitely just trying to make it easier for affiliates with all of our features, 100% secure and confidential.

Very glad to see that A Best Web is opening up the communication lines for us to get feedback about how to improve and provide help/ updates as appropriate.

Looking forward to learning more!

Emily

I used the added instructional info to add CJ without putting in a password and it worked perfectly. Thanks for your quick improvements to the system. This is very promising for resolving problems that may arise in the future.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

OK - Still unable to add GAN: Your added info still does not answer this question I asked above in Post #2 - How to grant access to the SellFire Affiliate API?

Vendor
    Hi Affiliate Hound-

Glad the updates were helpful. For GAN, to grant permission you just need to click the button right below the 2nd step on the account linkage form.

It used to say "sign-in" which was probably where the confusion came from - we've updated it to say "grant access".

Hope this helps -

Emily

Thanks again, Emily. That worked fine.

18. Newsletter Signup