Question "Product Page View Tracking" column...
    I have a couple of questions about the "Product Page View Tracking" column, on the AvantLink datafeeds...

I noticed that all of the "Product Page View Tracking" links, have some style code in them, like this:

...width="0" height="0" style="border: none !important; margin: 0px !important;" alt="" ...

I know how to filter those CSS code from the links before I put them on my site but,...

Before I go messing with my database and tables on my sites, I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding "Product Page View Tracking" Field on the AvantLink datafeeds...

1 - (Unless there's something new that I don't know about...) Why is that code in there?
    2 - Is the use of the "Product Page View Tracking" links required in order to get paid, or can we just leave it out of our datafeed tables and product pages?
    3 - Why is that code in there?

Btw, I was afraid to make this post in here, because I don't see anyone else (other ABW members) posting on this forum, but... c'est la vie...

---------------------

if (wrong forum) {
    move to café
    } else {
    answer => delete OR ignore
    }

---------------------

1 - (Unless there's something new that I don't know about...) Why is that code in there?
    Ok, so I just learned something new about CSS and " What does !important mean in CSS", but the question stands...

Why the need to have that code on that link?

The reason I ask is because I already have an ImpressionURL Field on my tables, and in order to use the link with "style="border: none !important; margin: 0px !important;" in that field, I woud have to filter that part of the link, or otherwise make a new field for these links on my tables...

So forget question #1.

What about question #2?

2 - Is the use of the "Product Page View Tracking" links required in order to get paid, or can we just leave it out of our datafeed tables and product pages?

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Happy Monday. The "Product Page View Tracking" is not in any way required. It is used only for tallying "Ad Impressions" in our reporting, and does not contribute to the click-streams that can lead to payment.

Thanks for the reply, Gary.

I will see if I can use it on my current tables...

Btw, I am glad I saw that code in there, because now I have learned more stuff about CSS since yesterday and was able to validate some XHTML pages...

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread