ABW Ambassador
    Since 2 weeks I experienced a total loss of sales for drjays.com although clicks were normal. I do not know what happened but I have to act. In my eyes the parasites took my traffic for redirecting customers to their site. Therefore I told drjays.com that we took affiliation with a private affiliate program and that we will stop the affiliation through cj.com within the next days. If I experience this loss with other merchants I will act accordingly.

I think they are using some shady ParasiteWare for international orders --- www.DoUWantIt.com

VAN.

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, just a few minutes after I had sent the finishing email to that merchant the switch was turned and sales came in. Nearly 2 weeks nothing. Do you believe that nothing was wrong either with that merchant or with cj.com?

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    Carneol I just have to ask: Have you ever gotten a Dr. Jay's sale locked for payment?

Just curious.

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

ABW Ambassador
    Deelz,
    yes I am making some good cash of it, and I continuousely got incentives from them. They sell really good, but I had a lot of reversals in December and almost no sales in January and Feb. As I have learned by Van they are not only in bed with ebates but also with other "Parasites". So if the private affiliation with another merchant comes true I will leave them at once.
    carneol

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    This doesn't sound like parasitic activity to me--at least not in the standard definition of ABW...

With such a sudden return to selling after getting notice, I'd say that merchant had been messing with the tracking and quick turned it back on when you said you were outta there! It's probably at the merchant's end, too--after all, that's who you emailed!

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

quote:
    Originally posted by Leader:
    I'd say that merchant had been messing with the tracking and quick turned it back on when you said you were outta there!
    Doesn't CJ have a vested interest in monitoring their merchants for falsified tracking? Or do they charge enough for the privilidge of being on CJ that they don't worry about it? I was going to sign on with Dr.Jays until I saw the almost 50% reversal rate - maybe if they doubled their commission level it might be worth it

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    Doesn't CJ have a vested interest in monitoring their merchants for falsified tracking? Or do they charge enough for the privilidge of being on CJ that they don't worry about it?

Yeah, they do!

I wouldn't think that CJ charges enough to not have to worry about it, either. A couple of K to start up and then $250/month. This is compared to Snare and BeFree which charge $10K to start up, and then a monthly fee (I don't know their monthly fees). Plus, CJ gets 30% of all unreversed transactions, so they certainly have a vested interest in making sure the switches stay on and the sold stuff stays sold!

They've said they have some kind of software check. It may catch some dummies but it's not foolproof! Sometimes they catch things when people start to b*tch, but the problem is, there is a HUGE noise factor caused by people who blame every slowdown on "the switch" being off! So they have to determine which gripes are legitimate, and they seem to do this with bureaucratic speed (ie, Molasses!). But without investigation, a lot of merchants that are actually okay could end up booted--and it's probably a harder call than it would seem in most cases.

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread