marketing
    hi all i am as green as green can be as a newbie in affiliate marketing goes , very limited computer skills aswell lol.
    my questions that i have for all you gurus out there is how one can advertise a new opportunity without the use of website & facebook mediums as there are copyright issues involved. any suggestions will be taken into consideration.

thanks
    ken

how one can advertise a new opportunity without the use of website & facebook mediums as there are copyright issues involved
    There is no copyright issue when you build your own website, with original content.

You need to have some computer skills/website knowledge to become an affiliate marketer - or at least be prepared to put yourself on a path to learning. Your first step is to pick a topic, then build a website, here is a helpful thread: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/newbi...et-155425.html

Just like any profession, it requires some basic skills - there is no easy path to making money in this industry.

i am on the understanding that we are not allowed to use a website of facebook to advertise this affilate business

they would like us to be using word of mouth advertising instead

ken

There's a big difference between building your own website, and using a Facebook page (which is on Facebook.com).

If you're not prepared to build your own website on a new domain, then affiliate marketing isn't for you.

6. Thanks From:

i do have a website available but when i heard that we couldnt use a website as advertising i thought the website was out of the question , it seems that they dont want us to use their name or logo in any of our advertising. so how does one go about making a website without using the companies name or logo ?

ken

can one advertise on here through word of mouth through the blogs typed in here ?

ken

can one advertise on here through word of mouth through the blogs typed in here ?
    No, read the forum rules.

Perhaps you are mixing up the rules to promote an offer ON your own website, vs PPC advertising (buying ads on google, etc to direct traffic TO the merchant, NOT to your own website). If they only want you to promote offers offline, I don't consider that affiliate marketing.

I don't know what kind of offer you are trying to promote, but it sounds like you need to read up on the concept of affiliate marketing. It's about creating your own website, and recommending various store offers & products to your readers, in hope they will purchase something.

hi again
    thanks for the replies
    i have just looked again in their general rules & it states that we cannot use their name or logos on the website or links to their website aswell , in other words we cannot use their name or logo on any advertising mediums.
    how can one advertise without using their logo, name or links then ?

ken

how can one advertise without using their logo, name or links then?
    You don't.. it's time to move on!

It sounds like they're trying to get free advertising without paying publishers - sales are difficult to track without links, unless it's Pay Per Call. And even then, it sounds impossible to promote.. what are you supposed to do, shout their name from the rooftops??

If you already have a website up & running, start looking for other online offers to promote.. there are plenty of networks to choose from.

Added: Unless you are looking at the rules of PPC terms - ie. they don't allow you to advertise THEM directly.. but you can place their links on YOUR site, and buy ads for your own site.

tahnks again for the reply back

this company is a online shopping network with over 2 million members in europe & over 18000 merchant members in their system & they are starting up here in north america, so without using a website they are getting the members they need , but without the use of a website it makes it very difficult to bring in new members , could i use my website & have the contents in there without using their trade name & any questions just fowarded to my email address ?

ken

This makes no sense...

If you have a website where you can publish details of this offer, of course you can link to their website. You probably just can't advertise directly to their site, ie. buy an ad to send visitors directly TO them.

Bring people to YOUR site, then send them to the merchant.

If you have any more questions, I suggest you contact the merchant directly - I don't think you're accurately interpreting the rules.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You can post a link to your site on Facebook and link the consumer to the merchant that way. However you can not post affiliate links to merchants on Facebook that direct link to a merchant.

As teezone said you its like you are trying to sell a car without showing the car. If you are only interested in free traffic you can troll other forums which allow anybody to link and use social networks. I doubt you will get that far as this sounds like MLM. MLM only makes money for the one who gets everyone else to advertise for them for free.

15. Thanks From:

thanks again
    i talked to one of the reps from the company here in canada, his reply to not being able to use their name or logo is because of the big name merchants they have in their system ie: walmart , lowes , canadian tire , petrocan etc etc. for litigation reasons , they dont want anyone advertising their names aswell .

ken

big name merchants they have in their system ie: walmart , lowes , canadian tire
    Sign up for those vendors' affiliate programs and cut out the middleman. The program you are signed up for is obviously a pile of bullshate to begin with.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

18. Thanks From:

hi again
    maybe i have approached what i was trying to say wrong as i have never been in any forums before, so maybe i didnt word what i was trying to get answers for .
    [reference removed], they would like for their members to use word of mouth advertising to try to bring in new members to their system .
    you can look at their website , i would really like some honest feedback , that is all that i am looking for. in my other questions i guess i was quite a bit vague on how i asked as i wasnt sure if i could use their name in the questions.
    if any of you take a look at their site could you please comment of what you think about them.
    any info back would be greatly appreciated.

ken
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; April 25th, 2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: reference removed

i am not here trolling to get free advertising , as this is so new in north america , i am just looking for honest feedback that is all
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; April 25th, 2012 at 11:02 AM. Reason: quote removed

Please refrain from referencing the site. Do you work for them?

they would like for their members to use word of mouth advertising to try to bring in new members to their system
    Why on earth would any publisher spend time advertising 'word of mouth' for free..???

Sorry, sounds like a dodgy attempt at free publicity. Last time I checked, publishers don't work for free.. want to get the word out? Pay for an ad.

23. Thanks From:

well i guess i am not going to get any of the answers or suggestions i was hoping to find here from you all so i am just going to unsubscribe from here & see if i can find some feedback to the questions i did ask elsewhere , thanks for your time.

ken

ps i hope the next time a newbie is asking some questions that he or she doesnt get grilled or told that what he or she might be getting into is a bunch of bs by some others, which they dont even know what kind of opportunity the person maybe getting into.

i hope the next time a newbie is asking some questions that he or she doesnt get grilled or told that what he or she might be getting into is a bunch of bs by some others, which they dont even know what kind of opportunity the person maybe getting into
    Wow, this is your response to people who were trying to help you??

If you are a publisher, as you claim, it's important to work with merchants and promote offers that will compensate you for your hard work. There are internet 'businesses' out there who try to take advantage of people who don't know any better. This forum consists of an ethical group of members who watch out for each other.

The answer you seem to be looking for doesn't exist.. if you can't advertise on a website, there is no way to track referrals, which means you won't get paid. But if you're one of their members trying to promote the site here, then buy an ad.

But good luck just the same.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jony1 View Post
    well i guess i am not going to get any of the answers or suggestions i was hoping to find here from you all so i am just going to unsubscribe from here & see if i can find some feedback to the questions i did ask elsewhere , thanks for your time.

ken

ps i hope the next time a newbie is asking some questions that he or she doesnt get grilled or told that what he or she might be getting into is a bunch of bs by some others, which they dont even know what kind of opportunity the person maybe getting into.
    You came. You gave vague information. Others gave their opinions based on what you shared AND asked for.

You, like so many others, are of a typical mindset. Don't believe any answers except the one you want to hear.

Suggestion:

When you go to your next forum, oh nevermind...

Good luck!
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OK jony, I will take the bait. Yes you can advertise without a website or paying for advertising. Its called adware, drive by installs and blackhat tactics. Oh no you spoofed us, caught us with our pants down, were not really gurus after all!

Now good by and good riddance.

28. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread