Exclamation Announcements that require your review
    Greetings,

I have just logged into my affiliate account and see there is a annoucement splash page with multiple merchants that have "Program Terms Update".

If I click on the "Click here to view the updated terms for this program."

It goes to there default merchant details page... example of the URL "merchant_details.php?lngMerchantId=10077"

No idea what was changed there, unless I had a copy of the older page to review.

Also, this maybe a bug here but if you goto the section for "Terms and Conditions:" from the merchant detail page

And then on for example "Brownells.com Terms and Conditions" link which is "merchant_terms_conditions.php?lngMerchantId=10077" instead of heading to that to show the TERMS.. It is auto redirecting back to the "announcements.php" page.

So in short, I cant figure out what has changed, and attempting to see the merchants T&C section isnt possible either due to the redirect.
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

I've wondered about this, too, Georgie. I first got this "terms" or "changes" page or whatever it's called a couple of months ago.

And as you've said, it's extremely puzzling just what changes in terms we're agreeing to.

Oh, well, who knows? Maybe most of the AvantLink affiliates keep a running, up-to-date track of the exact terms they have with 20-40-100 merchants and you and I are doing it wrong? LOL!

Seriously, has anyone from Avantlink thought about how basically useless this is for us to see and understand merchant changes? Can the merchants not indicate what they are changing from and to??

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

3. Thanks From:

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Thanks for posting. There is indeed a bug on clicking to view merchant terms and conditions, once on their respective internal detail page. Our dev team is looking into fixing this now.

Re: What changed, there is the ability to include some custom notes for each update on the splash page you see.. we'll be sure those custom notes are included from now on so folks can have an idea what changed.

GM

5. Thanks From:

Thanks, Gary.

Gary (the other Gary)
    Generate more fake news.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread