What is the affiliate tax law?
    I'm new to affiliate marketing and just heard about this. What exactly is the affiliate tax law? How will it affect affiliate marketers? What state's have already signed this into law? How has it affected affiliates from those states?

I'm from MN and have read a bit about how legislators are trying to get this passed, what can I do to help?

Any other information/articles would be greatly appreciated

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smadison View Post
    I'm new to affiliate marketing and just heard about this. What exactly is the affiliate tax law? How will it affect affiliate marketers? What state's have already signed this into law? How has it affected affiliates from those states?

I'm from MN and have read a bit about how legislators are trying to get this passed, what can I do to help?

Any other information/articles would be greatly appreciated
    "Basically" the States are on a money-grab trying to replenish their depleted coffers. There are States trying to implement legislation whereas "affiliates" are considered a "nexus" and therefore Out-Of-State merchants are responsible for collecting/remitting sales tax.

Affiliates who are in these "Affiliate Tax" States have been terminated by some of their merchants and as a result, can no longer promote those merchants nor derive any income from them.

Here is your State's going-ons:

Minnesota Affiliate Tax - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

You can read up on the other State's happenings here:

Affiliate Tax Laws - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum

FYI: A Federal judge in Colorado recently overturned Colorado's version of the "Affiliate Tax" law...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Moved this to the Minnesota Affiliate Tax sub forum as there are several members in MN that have spoken at the capital to combat that state's bill.

smadison perhaps if you reach out those who have posted in this sub forum you can get some ideas on how to help.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread