Multiple Niche and Hosting newbie question
    Hello everyone!

Like everyone else on this board, I am a newbie.. I have a web design and internet marketing background, so I am trying to jump in to this amazing world of affiliate marketing.. so, here I sit.

I've purchased my first domain and I'm working on building my site. I bought three years of hosting (hopefully I don't kick myself for this decision later - I did it to help with SEO).. but now I have ideas of probably 3-5 other niches I would like to get into. I think it was about $150 after buying my domain from namecheap.com and setting up hosting on hostgator.com. If I want to purchase other domain names and hosting for my other niche sites ideas, am I looking at $150 to set up every single one of them? Is this a stupid idea, considering I don't even have my first site off the ground yet? Maybe I am being over-zealous, but all this just excites me. Should I wait and handle it one site at a time? Purchase the domains now and wait on the hosting? How do all of you do this?

Thanks much!
    Allie

Allie,
    There are web hosts that allow you to have multiple sites on a single hosting account. I think GoDaddy and 1and1 offer that. Not sure about Hostgator. For each site you would need to purchase separate domain names and set up unique folders in your root directory.

I'd recommend getting your first site established before trying to build more websites. You'll get a good learning curve once you start and it will most likely change the way you approach you next site.

The best advice I could give is that you should start immediately, it's the quickest way to learn. If you have questions use the search box here or post questions.

Thank you so much for your reply! I will look into that type of hosting option. And i will get started right away. I know I have been learning new things constantly even justworking to set up my first shop.

Thank you!

Hi Allie,

If you have nil experience then get one idea established before you move on concentrate your efforts learn all you can and only when you are comfortable with the success of your first venture will it be time to go to the next idea.

Best wishes
    0 to $1m before I am 70, Ok maybe 71 !!! (April 2013)
    You Can Eat Our Noodles Without Gaining A Pound
    What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    You can get a hosting plan for unlimited domains for as low as $6/month from Hostgator.

As the others have said, learn through the experience of getting that first site active and the second one will be infinitely easier.

Good luck
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Agree with the others here.. focus on the one site, then go from there..

With web design experience, you have much of the challenge of affiliate marketing covered. And rest assured, nany publishers go through exactly what you are anticipating.. one shared account, that turns into another (another year of hosting), and so on.

Then, with more experience, you realize a VPS might be more cost-efficient - approx $80/mo for unlimited accounts.

But start with your one site - give it all the TLC it needs to grow for now!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread