Angry not sure where to ask this.
    i am just wondering... what is the average online affiliate salary? like no bull just an honest to goodness answer. like i hear millions then i hear hundreds of thousands then i hear 5-6k a year. like i just want to know. i am sick of people bragging about how wealthy they are from doing this when i know for a fact all they want to do is just sell a book or product that really isn't even going to help out as much as they claim. some point in time in my life i would like to make enough money to make a living, but i know just starting off it would be nearly impossible. really i am just sick of people saying things just to either cause fear or sucker people... thank you lol sorry for the rant

There's no actual salary.
    The affiliate earns the percentage of the sale that the merchant sets out.
    Sometimes the merchant offers a low percentage but if the products are sold at a
    certain amount then the low percentage is not a problem. Sometimes the affiliate is offered
    a high percentage of the sale.
    Cookie duration is an important factor.
    Sometimes there can be negotiation but not always.

There are many facets of earnings and I'll let someone else explain.
    Last edited by Rhia7; April 27th, 2012 at 12:39 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

i guess in a way it was an uneducated question, but in a way i feel it will shed some light on a situation a lot of noobs rack around in their brains. and your answer will honestly probably be the best one someone has to give, because really how are you going to get an average on something that pays commissions. thank you.

In a nutshell it's commissions.
    The money from affiliate marketing is like a river: it can flow, but it can dry up too.

If anyone is worried about the money, then get a job or a part-time job or something or someone to fall back on for support.

There are also more people becoming affiliates than there were back in let's
    say 1998.

A really important factor is the affiliate's skill set -- what skills are brought to the venture?

There are so many factors that no one can say for sure how much money you will make but there is potential, there is possibility.
    Last edited by Rhia7; April 27th, 2012 at 01:13 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread