Legalize my affiliate marketing website
    Affiliate marketing looks very appealing to me as my finances are extremely limited. My biggest concern for now is how to make it 100% legal. Allow me explain the situation :

I am Moroccan but I currently live in Romania where I study Medicine. I did a bit of research and I found out that there are far more US affiliate marketers than any other nationality (USA is after all the biggest online marketplace). At first, I thought that not being American would be a big disatvantage especially when it's time to sign up with an affiliate program, but then I found out that most big reputable programs allow non US marketers who can't get a tax ID as long as they prove that they have no US activities. (This is the information I gathered so far, so please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Now, when it's time to get paid, what type of account should I have, business or personal ?

Also, I will have to pay taxes on my income. If I choose to open the account outside of Romania (where I currently live) should I pay taxes to that country or to Romania ? and If I do pay the taxes to "that" country, would this be tax evasion ?

I am aware that my questions are "technical" but I'd appreciate it if you could answer.

Thanks in advance !

Mounir

Lightbulb
    I think this is between you, Morocco, and Romania. Also, whether there is a large difference between being considered as an individual or business.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    The country where you reside should determine the tax laws you follow in my opinion. I wouldn't spend a lot of time dwelling on it if you haven't made a cent yet. Perhaps start the research but don't hold off on getting started as an affiliate.

I echo Chuck's advice. Get started but you can research both Romania's and Morocco's tax laws.

Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    I echo Chuck's advice. Get started but you can research both Romania's and Morocco's tax laws.
    also, if there is a problem working, earning money, while on a student visa. I think that is a problem if you are in the U.S., for instance.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread