ClickBank or ShareaSale?
    I was wondering (and hoping) if some pro's here could offer some feedback on the pros and cons of either joining ClickBank or ShareaSale.

We are looking to launch an affiliate program for a digital product. More specifically, it is a online certification course to become an eco consultant.

I love SAS, and think it's a top notch network, but I have never worked with ClickBank before.

While the commission fees would ultimately be higher at ClickBank, I do like that they have such a large network of affiliates promoting digital products (so they say).

Would appreciate any feedback, especially in regards to experiences working with the ClickBank network.

All the Best! Happy Earth Month!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Would probably go with Clickbank for a product like that. Call Shareasale and see what they have to say about marketing a digital product. Would be interested in hearing what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Would probably go with Clickbank for a product like that. Call Shareasale and see what they have to say about marketing a digital product. Would be interested in hearing what they say.
    Meant to update this...

So, I did talk to ShareaSale, and all they said was they do have eBook affiliate programs. In other words, they didn't discourage me (but no big surprise there). I did see a few eBook programs (not many), however, they do have a BOOKS/MEDIA merchant category with eBooks listed as a sub-category.

I am going to give them a shot, take up a Feature Merchant spot in the Books category for July and we'll see if affiliates sign up.

I will update the results.

4. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager FranklySpeaking's Avatar
    All the best with the launch! If you pair your Featured Spot with some appealing call-for-action (in this case, aka as incentive for the first affiliates who come on board :-) you may be quite successful!

Thanks for helping in keeping the Earth a bit greener, best,
    Frank Ravanelli, OPM
    [URL="http://www.linkedin.com/today/posts/frankravanelli"]Affiliate Marketing News[/URL] - [URL="https://www.linkedin.com/in/frankravanelli"]Frank Ravanelli on LinkedIn[/URL]

6. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I think if your product is a 100% digital product, you're a better fit for Clickbank as that is their specialty and what their affiliates are geared towards promoting.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Quote Originally Posted by affiliatewarrior View Post
    i think if your product is a 100% digital product, you're a better fit for clickbank as that is their specialty and what their affiliates are geared towards promoting.
    +1
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread