Question What's Wrong With Linkshare?
    We're in the fashion vertical and can not understand why most of the big retailers with Linkshare have rates from just 3-5% (Macy's, Nordstrom, Saks, and so forth). Why would anyone be promoting these retailers when their rates are insulting and even well below Amazon? It just makes me angry every time I log into Linkshare. Either the retailers are not informed by Linkshare of the competitive affiliate environment they are in, otherwise they are just....?

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    It's not all about commission rates. A lot of smaller brands have to offer far higher commissions to try and get the attention of affiliate partners because affiliates in general will promote large brands due to the higher conversion rates.

And it's not a LinkShare issue it's the same across all networks.

Ultimately if the conversion rate is strong , you're better with 3-5% than a very poor converting higher conversion rate

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

3. Thanks From:

Obviously conversion rates are important, but if a retailer is paying 3% and a direct competitor is paying 15%, then the conversion rates have to be absolutely incredible at the first retailer for it to make sense.

The reason why I bring it up is that all the old school department stores (Macys, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and Saks) are with Linkshare and they are all offering ridiculous affiliate rates.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    GAN:
    Sears - 2-3%, Kohls - 4%

It seems traditional department stores all pay in this range, regardless of network.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

7. Thanks From:

I guess you are right. Linkshare just sticks out like a sore thumb as their major fashion retailers are department stores, but I guess GAN is in the same boat. Almost makes you wonder why the department stores even bother to have affiliate programs at all.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Big brands spend multiple millions developing and promoting their brands. They feel that the brand carries its own weight so offer affiliates low commissions. I know coupon affiliates who get a code and only a 1-2% commission. They run the big brands because they are recognized. Unfortunately those are the commissions offered so you have to evaluate if its worth your time to market them.

10. Thanks From:

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread