This is also a warning to other Imaternity affiliates.

About two weeks ago there was an Imaternity purchase made directly from my computer, which I know is free of any parasitic applications.
    This purchase has still not shown up at CJ.

I have now sent Imaternity 3 emails through CJ mail, without any reply as of today.
    I then searched around and found a VP’s email address. I emailed her about one week ago, without any reply as of today.

It’s bad enough that I didn’t get credit for this fairly large sale, but what really gets under my skin is when I cannot get a response from the affiliate department.

I’ve resorted to trying CJ customer service who finally said they would contact Imaternity for me. This was a day and half ago and still no word from them.

So as a warning to other Imaternity affiliates; If you ever need to contact them about something, don’t count on ANY type of help or response.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Some affiliate enabled merchant's affiliate managers only wear that hat once a month at reversal time. Haiko has devised a merchant rating system which will be released soon to allow all ABWers to rate merchants on conversion-support -creatives -parasite support and communication.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Many affiliate programs are also 1 man operations so they aren't around a lot and don't have as much time for their affiliates as say...FreeDebtConsolidation.com which has a someone who spends over 40 hrs a week just on affilites =)

Daniel Fink
    Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
    FreeDebtConsolidation.com
    Dan@Intermarkmedia.com

quote:
    Originally posted by FreeDebtConsolidation:
    Many affiliate programs are also 1 man operations so they aren't around a lot and don't have as much time for their affiliates as say...FreeDebtConsolidation.com which has a someone who spends over 40 hrs a week just on affilites =)

Daniel Fink
    Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
    http://www.freedebtconsolidation.com
    Dan@Intermarkmedia.com

I am not familiar on what AM's job is!
    But I thought Affiliate Manager's job is to deal with Affiliation which include (I think!) answering question Affiliate ask?
    especially if it has something to do with products that is being promoted and the sales that is not showing?

Too many incedent is happening on sales not tracking and some other problems that concern us affiliate!

If they don't have a good way of communicating to the member that work with them to promote their products they should start thinking about hiring people that will deal with the problems if one AM can't handle the question regarding the problem mentioned!

I think if they have an extra hand to help solve the problems they wouldn't have to worrry about losing some business!

my two cents!

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

emione,

You're right about your rant. No matter what, you've should have gotten a response by now.

If you've made the purchase from your affiliate link, with your own credit card and/or shipping information, that may be the reason. Some merchants may not give commission for the self-purchases.

They cross-reference the affiliate database and the order database then post the sale.

I'm not saying they do this, but they may be.

SamBay,

I thought about that very same thing myself; but CJ customer service didn’t think they followed that type of rule.

Anyway, I’m way beyond the point of being upset over the commission. What’s has really got me madder than hell is not getting a response.

In my mind there is absolutely no reason for a company to ignore emails from an affiliate. It’s to the point now that no excuse will satisfy me even if CJ makes any headway in contacting Imaternity for me.

I know some feel (even a CJ rep. tried to feed this crap to me) that some companies, just because they are large and busy are above the average person or affiliate and can sometimes be to busy to answer an email in a timely manner. I think that’s the biggest bunch of BS there is.

People need to stop thinking that just because a company is large that it becomes impossible to talk to the owner or CEO of the company. I’ve proven this wrong over and over again to CJ reps, LinkShare reps and affiliate managers. Just a few months back, I felt I was getting some fuzzy information from an affiliate manager. With a little work I was speaking to the CEO of the company. I don’t want to name the company, but it was a very good size corporation. When I mentioned to the affiliate manager that I had a nice conversation with the CEO, he acted like I spoke to God almighty himself.

My point being that a well run company will take care of the people who are making money for them (the affiliate).
    So any of you who ever get fed this kind of crap I mentioned above; don’t believe it.
    Do a little digging and work around it.

In my case with Imaternity, I’ve done the digging and went over people’s heads and I’m still not getting any help. So the fact of the matter is Imaternity is a company that is being VERY POORLY run. Just my opinion.

Sorry for more ranting, couldn’t help it.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Haiko has devised a merchant rating system which will be released soon to allow all ABWers to rate merchants on conversion-support -creatives -parasite support and communication.

I can save Haiko some time right now by stating that about 75% of all who attend ABW will vote that 99% of all affiliate managers ain't worth squat~!

Brian
    aka Cyclone

ABW Ambassador
    I took out iMaternity awhile back.

It takes about 9 months to have a baby, and about the same amount of time to get a sale credited by them.

All my expecting mothers are the ones buying all the Calvin Klein jeans, but won't buy maternity clothing. Yea, ok.

I have not yet found one honest merchant who sells lingerie or maternity.

Any suggestions?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread