Hello Everyone
    I recently joined ABW roughly two hours ago with no prior knowledge of participating or being an active member of any forum; so this is all very new to me obviously. Thus far I have been browsing around the site which seems to hold a wealth of information on a variety of topics.

I have also noticed that there are many experienced Marketers and Managers here. If anyone would be willing to give me some great advice, suggestions, or point me in the right direction when it comes to writing articles in Wordpress, I would be grateful; or the fundamentals of Wordpress, that would be wonderful.

Have a great day everyone!

Respectfully,

Lonell

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Lonell what works best is to ask specific questions. Members are not tutors but will take the time from their busy day to answer a specific question.

Thank You Mr. Hamrick, I see that your number is posted here, can I call you with questions?

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Hey Lonell, if you are just getting started and want to get a good basic foundation in how to get started and get yourself to the point where you are making a few hundred extra bucks per month, I definitely recommend that you check out Learn to Make Money Online: The Extra Money Answer by Shawn Collins. It's free and Shawn lays out step by step how to build a platform to market with, generate content, drive traffic, select offers and how to most effectively promote them.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Sorry I am busy running my business and run the forum on a volunteer basis in between client calls and managing six programs. Best thing to do is to post questions on the forum that way any of us can try to answer.

Thanks for the tips Mr. Hamrick.

Have A Great Day!

Respectfully,

Lonell

Hello Everyone
    I have just completed my first article in Wordpress; Is it Imperative that I include tags?

Lonell

Why wouldn't you?

Lonell,

Tags in Wordpress are purely systematic. They really have nothing to do with SEO or functionality of the site. Many use tags as their meta keywords (which aren't very relevant anymore), some use tags as a way of building a complex navigational structure, how/if you use tags is entirely up to you.

We have 21 sites here at iNET and some use tags heavily, some dont at all, and some use them for generating that dumb little widget called a tag cloud.

10. Thanks From:

Tags in Wordpress are purely systematic. They really have nothing to do with SEO or functionality of the site.
    That's right. They are not a necessity. They do have their uses as a tag cloud helps users navigate your site. But they become redundant when you already have categories in place.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

12. Thanks From:

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I Don't have a category in place for my article which is on Windows 7 Optimization. At the moment it is labeled uncategorized, Any suggestions?

How many articles do you already have on your site and what are they about? What is your site about and what will be the topics you'll be covering in the future? Your answers to these questions will determine if you need to have categories now and what they will be.

If you have about 5 articles now, then you can put categories now if you like. Personally, I like mapping out my categories early on. This gives me an idea of what articles to write and which category to put them when I publish.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Hello Affilorama,

I only have one article completed at the moment and after reading your reply I have a better understanding about categories now.

Thank you so much for your help!

Respectfully,

Lonell

What is the best way to insert images into a Wordpress article? I tried copy and paste, and drag and drop from a folder on my computer with no success. Any ideas?

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread