Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Member Rock Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2012
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    59
    Post The Future Names Of Google's Search Engine Update
    An idea clicked my mind (know you guys thinks the same as well) that first we had Google's Update named as Panda, recently another update Google reveals to be Penguin.

    What do you guys think the other animal names Google will be using for their update?

    My prediction is Pelican, since both of the updates starts with the letter "P".

  2. #2
    Newbie ZippyChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2012
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    10
    Haha - good guess.

    I think it'll be something more aggressive though... like PANTHER!!!

  3. #3
    Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    821
    If the changes are like most of the others over the last year, my guess for the next name is Toilet Bowl.


  4. #4
    Beachy Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2005
    Posts
    8,266
    Another fitting choice might be...Python.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

  5. #5
    The "other" left wing davidh's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,492
    They should name them after ladies of ill repute.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!


  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2007
    Location
    Neenah, WI
    Posts
    682
    Pit Bull, 'cause it'll bit you in the @$$. Or Pigeon, 'cause you can watch all your traffic fly away...

    I've lost a significant amount of G traffic to one of my sites over the last two weeks.

  7. #7
    The Seal of Aproval rematt's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2006
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    4,140
    I'm thinkin' "PIG".

    -rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

  8. Thanks From:

  9. #8
    ABW Ambassador kaizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    666
    Piranha?
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

  10. #9
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Location
    Park City Utah
    Posts
    16,646
    Porcupine watch out for the little pricks!

  11. #10
    Member Rock Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2012
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    59
    The key factor of these animals name is their color i.e. black & white which means Black Hat & White Hat. So next one could be one of these Zebra, Skunk, Orca.

  12. #11
    Full Member silver93350's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    323
    magpie.
    [URL=http://www.the-best-web-hosting-service.com/]Best Web Hosting Service[/URL] [COLOR=Blue]- Quality Reviews![/COLOR]

  13. #12
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    6,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Howard View Post
    The key factor of these animals name is their color i.e. black & white which means Black Hat & White Hat. So next one could be one of these Zebra, Skunk, Orca.
    And began with the letter P - so a fitting name would be PIG (thanks rematt).
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

  14. #13
    Member Rock Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2012
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    And began with the letter P - so a fitting name would be PIG (thanks rematt).
    Well it might not be a possibility because Panda & Penguin both have black and white color but Pig doesn't. Keep Guessing Guys!

  15. #14
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    6,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Howard View Post
    Well it might not be a possibility because Panda & Penguin both have black and white color but Pig doesn't. Keep Guessing Guys!
    Lots of pigs in your country? Because you're CLUELESS. In America we take our pork seriously...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

  16. #15
    Member Rock Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2012
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Lots of pigs in your country? Because you're CLUELESS. In America we take our pork seriously...
    If you say so!

  17. #16
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    6,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Howard View Post
    If you say so!
    Yes, I do. In fact I worship the pig. Bacon is the perfect food. Eat it every day! Think I may even make a black/white pig our company mascot...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

  18. Thanks From:

  19. #17
    The Seal of Aproval rematt's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2006
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Howard View Post
    Well it might not be a possibility because Panda & Penguin both have black and white color but Pig doesn't. Keep Guessing Guys!
    Pork is the OTHER white meat you know.

    Besides, whatever they decide to call it, their last 3 updates have been pigs.

    -rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

  20. Thanks From:

  21. #18
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Location
    Park City Utah
    Posts
    16,646
    Well it might not be a possibility because Panda & Penguin both have black and white color but Pig doesn't. Keep Guessing Guys!
    Being a farm boy growing up I know a bit more about raising pigs and there are black and white ones, their called Hampshires:

  22. Thanks From:

  23. #19
    Moderator Nabz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2005
    Location
    VY Canis Majoris
    Posts
    1,751
    Poop update should do.

  24. Thanks From:

  25. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2012
    Posts
    27
    Turtle/Tortoise Update - or maybe Armadillo.

  26. #21
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2012
    Posts
    11
    Chicken :-)

  27. #22
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Howard View Post
    The key factor of these animals name is their color i.e. black & white which means Black Hat & White Hat. So next one could be one of these Zebra, Skunk, Orca.
    If going by alphabetical order, then the Skunk is next...

  28. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2012
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal View Post
    If going by alphabetical order, then the Skunk is next...
    most logical answer

  29. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    47
    cat, because they think they're better than you

    when in fact, you're actually the one feeding them

  30. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Google new Search Engine guide
    By Richard - AMWSO in forum AMWSO
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 5th, 2010, 11:53 PM
  2. Google Uses Search History in Future Searches
    By Cheesehead in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 18th, 2009, 02:42 AM
  3. Google search engine indexing?
    By jc101 in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 28th, 2007, 09:19 AM
  4. Google engines within the engine/Google Co-op/Google Custom Search
    By Alan Hamilton in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: October 27th, 2006, 03:31 AM
  5. Anyone know CJ search engine Google powered?
    By amazonut in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 4th, 2005, 10:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •