Advice needed on which affiliate program to create
    Dear all,

My name is Willemijn and I have recently started my own online business. On my website you can buy and sell vintage clothing, shoes and accessories. I earn fees on every ad that is placed on my website. The payment for the ads goes through paypal.

I would like to design an affiliate program. Of course, it would be great if many people would feature an ad with a link to my website, however, I'm especially interested to target the advertisers myself. Namely, I have many blogs in mind that have readers that will likely be interested in my website.

My question: can you give me some advice on where I can create an affiliate program. Since, I'm not earning much yet, I would like there to be one with no monthly fees. Is there a program where I can just pay a commission not only to the advertiser but also to the affiliate program developer?

Moreover, I'm looking for a program that is easy to be implemented within my PayPal payment system since I'm not tech savvy or a program where technical support is offered.

Thank you all for your help and advice,
    Willemijn

Is there no one able to provide me with advice?

Are for example affiliate programs such as Clickbank suitable for me since I'm also trading in a service and not in actual goods? Can someone explain whether they could be useful?

By the way, I'm not natively English speaking so I'm sorry if my English is not 100% correct.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Your English is fine. Unless you are making $10k's a month you need to focus on growing your traffic and honing your conversion. An affiliate program is an incremental extension of a successful eCommerce site. Affiliate Marketing is not going to bring you unfound sales on a performance basis if you are not already appealing to consumers through your own advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Your English is fine. Unless you are making $10k's a month you need to focus on growing your traffic and honing your conversion. An affiliate program is an incremental extension of a successful eCommerce site. Affiliate Marketing is not going to bring you unfound sales on a performance basis if you are not already appealing to consumers through your own advertising.
    Dear Chuck,

Thank you for your advice! I do have a question. I understand that affiliate programs are very helpful for already successful eCommerce sites, but from my point of view if you have a limited budget for advertising, an affiliate program can also work as a way to gain publicity to your website. Of course, I will not earn much on the sales generated through the affiliate program, but that's also not my main aim. I want people to get to know my website and therefore I want to especially target the blogs that have readers where my website will appeal to.

Therefore, could you think of any affiliate program that could work for me?
    I value your help and advice very much,
    Willemijn

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi

I'll disagree with Chuck to some extent by adding that if you have a quality product in a good niche then affiliate marketing can do well on its own. However you need to be in the right spot in the market. If your affiliate program offer is attractive and the product the right match then affiliates will give your program a shot. If it fails to convert they'll drop it real fast.

In terms of zero cost set up and zero cost fees. This to me is where you're going to fail. If you are not able to invest in your business then you are not going to get far. At the very least you least you need $1000 to get the affiliate program up and running. That will get you on to a network like Shareasale, get banners designed and landing pages worked on.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I don't disagree that the right product can succeed but a newbie merchant with no experience could miss the mark. As Chris says if you put out a dud then you burn a bridge with affiliates.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread