starting a program: do all networks require a large deposit?
    My company is creating dozens of different retail sites and I want to create an affiliate program for my sites. Do all of the networks require upfront deposits to start a program?

Yes. One of the main purposes of an affiliate network is to act as a third-party guarantor of payment, and upfront deposits are necessary to facilitate this.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

i was actually just looking at the share a sale site and it looks like they only require a $100 deposit but also a $550 network access fee.

I'm ok paying 100-200 as a deposit, but cant really afford an access fee like that. Do they all charge those fees?

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Many have a set up fee of around that price point. Though it goes higher for the bigger networks.

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by djc225 View Post
    My company is creating dozens of different retail sites and I want to create an affiliate program for my sites. Do all of the networks require upfront deposits to start a program?
    djc, you may be a little premature in starting an affiliate program. When a new retail site goes online there is typically a period of fine tuning and tweaking that isn't suitable for affiliate traffic (we don't want to be guinea pigs). Prior to setting up a program, your sites should be up and running with a sustainable conversion rate.

Without a track record, it's unlikely that you'll attract many affiliates regardless of which network you choose.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

6. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    The largest networks charge $6-10k to get started so SAS is a bargain. If you can can't afford to pay the SAS I question how you are going to be able to pay affiliates.

Affiliate Manager Kush@VMInnovations's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djc225 View Post
    i was actually just looking at the share a sale site and it looks like they only require a $100 deposit but also a $550 network access fee.

I'm ok paying 100-200 as a deposit, but cant really afford an access fee like that. Do they all charge those fees?
    Like Chuck said SAS is a bargain compared to other networks + they offer some built-in protection which you will need. Well worth the price imho, especially considering that they offer stores option to add all of your sites under one account so you don't have to pay $550 for each website.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    SAS as well as other networks will allow you to add different stores to the same program as different links in the program provided they share the same domain and shopping cart.

Affiliate Manager Kush@VMInnovations's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    SAS as well as other networks will allow you to add different stores to the same program as different links in the program provided they share the same domain and shopping cart.
    With SAS it can be different domains, I wasn't sure other networks allowed it.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread