ABW Ambassador
    I must have woken up at 7:25 and looked at the clock yesterday morning, prior to my actual awakening at 7:32.

See, I had a dream that I was being chased by a monster. This monster was angry at me because I divided 25 by 7 and wouldn't give him the 4, which is the remainder in that calculation.

I thought about why I would have such a dream and it hit me. I built an ad rotator for six different ads like this:
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    RndNum = SECOND(NOW) MOD 6
    SELECT CASE RndNum
    Case 0
    ' Ad 1
    Case 1
    ' Ad 2
    Case 3
    ' Ad 3
    Case 4
    ' Ad 4
    Case 4
    ' Ad 5
    Case 5
    ' Ad 6
    END SELECT
    </pre>

What does this have to do with my dream?

The MOD function in VBScript divides two numbers and returns the remainder. Dividing any number by 6 will return a remainder between zero and five. I used the seconds on the server's clock time as my number to divide by 6 and return the remainder.

Perhaps my code is the monster? (It is, after all, using a Microsoft Engine) Nah, my job is the monster, the remiander is what the job wants from me.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Ahhh, that's nothing. I dreamed I died last night. On a space station. From asphyxiation. Nice, huh?

Stress? I ain't got no stinking stress. I'm self-employed! I work at home! What's there to get stressed about?

How about being attacked by a whole bunch (swarn?) of mosquitoes that skipped 3-days lunch. Either a dream, a docu on National geographic or just plain reality.

Breezing

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    How about being on a roller coaster ride without a track where it loops and you nearly fall out of your seat? How's that for a metaphor?

Hmmm...

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhea:
    What's there to get stressed about? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>how about if cj decides to move all befree merchants to cj itself and we have to do all the links all over again?

i haven't even finished rebuilding my GSI links from cj to bf. now it might be the other way around.

am gonna be stressed.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Every one here has probably had this dream. The one where your making great page changes in your sleep and then realize your computers turned off in the other room and your works down the tubes!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

All this proves is that you should not eat cheese before going to bed.

The remainder 4 is the number of years that you really should have left when you face death. The monster represents the transformation of a small fluffy toy you had as a child that should have had those many years of being cuddled at bedtime before being discarded.

Any other questions?

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread