Thread: Tutorial: How to create an affiliate deals store with SellFire

SellFire.com
    Tutorial: How to create an affiliate deals store with SellFire
    Hi All,

I just published a new screencast that I think you will find interesting. It shows you how you can use SellFire to add a store to your blog that is always full of products that are currently on sale. The video is just over 5 minutes long and walks you through the process of setting up a search on SellFire and then embedding that store into your blog.

You can see the full blog post here:
    How to create an affiliate deals store with SellFire - SellFire Blog

What other screen-casts/how-to tutorials would you like to see?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Last edited by jmacinnes; May 9th, 2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Fixing link to point to correct video.
    Jason MacInnes
    [URL="http://www.sellfire.com/?utm_source=ABestWeb&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=ABW%2BSignature"]SellFire.com - Affiliate Data Feed and Coupon Store Builder[/URL]

SellFire
    Thanks jmacinnes.,

Great video to give us a grounding in the powerful basics of Sellfire.com capabilities. Maybe we can let Datafeedr go; such a code-based complexity compared with Sellfire.

Gotta get back to the 30-Day FREE TRIAL to make the most of it before we commit $$$'s.

Ta, mate.

I take it you didn't catch the obvious problem with the shop you created and one of my biggest frustrations. Duplicate products. The shop you created had the first two rows populated with the same exact jeans. I currently use Popshops and they have the same exact problem. I would be ready to switch to SellFire right now if you could fix this issue.

That and making sure that ALL clothing items have a designation of womens, mens, unisex, girls, boys, whatever. These two issues are soooo frustrating!

I also don't understand why you have to populate and then depopulate to have a clue what the visual will look like. It should show you based on search or selections. We don't have time to add items and then deselct them like that. I also don't know if I was missing it, but I couldn't find my saved theme once I created it.

While I'm commenting I'll also tell you that it would be great if it were easy to modify a saved search. I know it gave me a warning when I saved it, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to modify a saved search.

SellFire.com
    Hey KB,

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'll respond to each issue individually

Duplicate Products
    This is actually the area that I am actively working on. I expect to start grouping products by size and color within a week. It won't be a 100% perfect, but it will be a huge step forward when working with any sort of apparel related data feed. I'll make a separate announcement when this feature is complete.

Gender Tag
    Agreed - definitely room for improvement here. This is a pretty tricky problem because often times the gender of an item is not stated explicitly anywhere in the data feed. That being said, making some incremental improvements is definitely possible.

Updating a Saved Search
    I agree that updating an existing search was obscure. I made a change that hopefully makes it more obvious. Now, you can just click save search and the dialog box asks whether you want to update or save new.

Can't Find a Saved Theme
    That's odd. It should be right in the themes tab when viewing the edit screen of store builder. Email me your account email address at support@sellfire.com and I will take a look.

UI for Editing Product Style when using Auto Populate
    I agree that the UI here is not perfect. Ideally, products that are coming in from the AutoPopulate feature should show up on the Edit screen of Store Builder. It is definitely something to improve.

That being said it is not actually necessary to add and then remove products if you are just using the auto populate feature. If you have a saved theme that you use, you can apply it without any products in your store:

1. Go to the edit tab
    2. Click the Section Header - It will say something like "Section1"
    3. Apply the right theme by clicking the icon
    4. Optionally, change the number of rows and columns.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions for improvement.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Jason MacInnes
    [URL="http://www.sellfire.com/?utm_source=ABestWeb&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=ABW%2BSignature"]SellFire.com - Affiliate Data Feed and Coupon Store Builder[/URL]

6. Newsletter Signup