Affiliate Manager
    Question on an affiliate!
    has anyone had a bad experience with the affiliate sayvings? clicks coming from this affiliate are unusually low, but conversation is nearly 60% this month.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; May 9th, 2012 at 11:46 PM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    So, improvement is not allowed? Or can it ONLY come from cheating?

Has an internal investigation revealed something suspicious, or are you just phishing for a way to reverse hard-earned commissions?

Success breeds contempt.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    So, improvement is not allowed? Or can it ONLY come from cheating?

Has an internal investigation revealed something suspicious, or are you just phishing for a way to reverse hard-earned commissions?

Success breeds contempt.
    A response has not been received since I inquired about how the affiliate has been able to produce 3 sales out of 5 clicks which brings about my suspicion.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    3 sales: WOW - The new Semion Mogilevich! Call the Feds!

Yep, 3 out of 5 = "nearly" 60%
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

If I was trying a new merchant out and converted a few sales real quick, and the affiliate manager's reaction was to turn around and post my URL on a public forum, I would be so pissed off that I would still have steam coming out of my ears in the year 2022.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

6. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    My first step was to contact the affiliate directly to congratulate them on some very big sales and find out how they were using our links to convert with such a low amount of traffic. After I received no response (they have negative feedback on the network as well), I decided to ask the ABW forums if anyone had any experience with this affiliate. A 60% conversion rate raises suspicions for me because there are affiliates who bring in hundreds of clicks which result in no sales.

Was is it wrong for me to become suspicious of this affiliate? Please correct me if I was wrong, as I am new to this affiliate world. From the responses it seems as if I handled this situation incorrectly, and I apologize if I posted anything inappropriate, but at the same time I thought that ABW would have users that would be more understanding of the situation rather than criticize my post with sarcastic and immature comments.

Next time, don't name names. Just ask questions on how to research the affiliate traffic.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

"I thought that ABW would have users that would be more understanding of the situation"

The situation is that an affiliate was run up a flagpole and treated like scum - in public - when you had no basis for suspicion - at least none that you could quantify.

No reply to an email is not cause for suspicion. Many affiliates receive thousands of emails per day from affiliate program managers; most do not open/read them because it would not be a productive use of their time.... it would take more than a day to read a day's worth of incoming emails.

And when an affiliate has "success" in promoting your program/products, the last thing they need is for their URL to be posted in public so that a hundred or more competitors will copy their site/ideas before the sun rises on a new day.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by VelodyneInc View Post
    My first step was to contact the affiliate directly to congratulate them on some very big sales and find out how they were using our links to convert with such a low amount of traffic. After I received no response (they have negative feedback on the network as well), I decided to ask the ABW forums if anyone had any experience with this affiliate. A 60% conversion rate raises suspicions for me because there are affiliates who bring in hundreds of clicks which result in no sales.

Was is it wrong for me to become suspicious of this affiliate? Please correct me if I was wrong, as I am new to this affiliate world. From the responses it seems as if I handled this situation incorrectly, and I apologize if I posted anything inappropriate, but at the same time I thought that ABW would have users that would be more understanding of the situation rather than criticize my post with sarcastic and immature comments.
    Hopefully as you gain more experience as an affiliate manager, business person and human being, you'll learn the art of apology. You were doing great right up until your sarcastic and immature comment in bold.

Now just suppose for a moment that we judged your program (and believe me, many of us have) based solely on the way you handled this situation. Are some of us suspicious? Are some of us disappointed by your lack of management skills? Are some of us concerned that if we make sales in your program that we will be accused of potential wrongdoing on a public forum?

Perhaps you should consider how a rush to judgment can ruin a reputation and hopefully you'll do better in the future..

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread