How long does it take advertisers to review/accept affiliate application?
    I applied for a companies affiliate program about two months ago through comission junction and have not heard anything back. Typically, how long does it take for them to review and accept/decline an application?

Also, if you are going to build a website around a publishers product how do you get accepted into their affiliate program? Is it possible to before you make the website or do you typically make the website and then apply? I already have a website listed as my main one on comission junction but I would like to make a site directly around a product.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    A managed affiliate program should screen applications in two business days or less. We work hard to get them approved same day as we know affiliates are business. Interest in the program is highest when applying and we realize that some affiliate apply to several competitors then work with the ones that approve them.

If you are waiting 2 months then you are holding your breath. Find the affiliate managers contact info and get going on contacting them. If that doesn't get you results in a week then post back here and I will see if I can help you.

Its a fair question to ask before joining a program when planning to design a site for their products. It will save you the time and headache to insure you get accepted before beginning work.

Also, if you are going to build a website around a publishers product how do you get accepted into their affiliate program? Is it possible to before you make the website or do you typically make the website and then apply? I already have a website listed as my main one on comission junction but I would like to make a site directly around a product.
    I usually wait to be accepted first before I create the website, IF I will be designing the site around the product. It shouldn't take long to know if you're accepted or not. As Chuck mentioned, it should only take a day of two. To be quite honest, I think you've waited more than you should.

Have a good day!
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

I've got Disney Movie Club still pending since September 2009.

If you don't build the site first you run the risk of the merchant not seeing a site that's a good fit for them and rejecting/ignoring you. If you do build the site first you still run the risk of the merchant ignoring/rejecting you.

From my exeperience from 1 day to 1 month. And if it's 1 month I choose not to work with that affiliate.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    There is no "normal" time. Most within one or two days, many up to two months, some seemingly never.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Tax Paying Member
    The last one that I applied to was a couple of weeks ago. Took them 3 days to reject me and as far as I can determine, they never looked at any of my sites.

Before that ,a few months ago I applied to a program and was accepted within 2 or 3 days. About a week later I was expelled....reason give was 2 YEARS of inactivity...... WTF.......

If it takes more than a few days, I move on. There are usually other merchants with similar products.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread