How does Amazon credit purchases?
    I have a product listed on my website. The product comes in 3 different sizes but I only have a link on my website for the most popular size. If someone were to click on my link and buy the product in one of the other sizes, would I loose credit for that purchase?

How about if they click through my link and buy the product but also purchase additional products that may or may not have been influenced by the content on my website. Would I only get credit for the product that I directly linked too, or would I get credit for their entire purchase?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    If someone were to click on my link and buy the product in one of the other sizes, would I loose credit for that purchase?
    No, you get credit for all sales on the site regardless if they bought what you linked to from your site or another size or color. You also get credit for everything purchased unless they exceed the cookie length or its defined as a non-commissionable product.

With Amazon its a session cookie meaning as long as the consumer has not exited the browser or the session expired you get credit. However if they shop today and purchase tomorrow then you do not get a commission.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    With Amazon its a session cookie meaning as long as the consumer has not exited the browser or the session expired you get credit. However if they shop today and purchase tomorrow then you do not get a commission.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    No. The cookie duration is 24 hours...
    Thought we addressed that lol...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You're right, I heard session for years from one of my top affiliates who went to Amazon when he couldn't find a product any where else. He moved from North Carolina but to the Amazon Tax Nexus which cost him 20% of his likelihood but got it back in Kentucky.
    A "Session" begins when a customer clicks through a Special Link on your site to the Amazon Site and ends upon the first to occur of the following: (x) 24 hours (except in the case of Special Links to the myhabit.com site, in which case 30 days) elapses from that click; (y) the customer places an order for a Product that is not a Digital Product; or (z) the customer follows a link to the Amazon Site that is not your Special Link.
    Old habits die hard.

5. Thanks From:

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread