EPC Dropped after adding pages
    Hi all, You'll have to excuse my ignorance but I am fairly new at EPN...

I'll try and explain my situation as quick as possible without dragging on.

I run a forum for a particular brand of car. I get around 100k visitors a month and only started the EPN approximately 6 months ago.

It was a simple set up, A forum side bar with the Ebay listings banner of parts of that car for sale. A dedicated html parts page with a large banner 700 x 2000 showing all parts of the car using the simple keyword results in the parts section of Ebay and a used car html section set up as above.

This plodded along ok earning average $15-$20 a day. In the 3 weeks I have seen a good spike in earnings up to $50-$80 each day so I got excited and developed a new system.

This system was an interactive isometric pictures of the vehicle and you hover your mouse over each part of the vehicle and once clicked goes to a separate html page of that particular part with a custom banner made up showing parts for sale on Ebay of the part they clicked.

This took a long time to do as you can imagine so I went from 3 EPN set ups to around 100.

They were all put into one campaign as well.

Anyway, I implemented this on the 9th of this month. Ever since then my EPC and earnings have dropped.

My clicks are still the same average of 150 but my EPC has dropped from 30cents down 10 cents.

The question I have is....Have I simply just spread myself too thin so to speak and spread the click quantity/quality in too many sections?

The other thing is maybe what I have created is too confusing for people. Maybe they just want to simply browse a whole page of ebay results of the parts and click on what they want rather then search on an interactive image with highlighted parts that show up when you hover over, etc.

The drop has been a week now so Implemented the old one large banner back up on the parts section with the interactive section underneath that to see if it changed anything. This was done on Sunday and the results are still the same.

It could of also being just a big random spike over the last few weeks to and now It's dropped back to the average it was a few months ago?

I am also possibly just over paranoid and need to leave it longer to get more data too...lol

Sorry for the long message and I hope that makes sense. Feel free to ask any questions or more information.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Can you split test it on different sections of the forum? If you can track which sections had the highest conversion the test it there reverting the lower converting sections to the old method. If the old method returns to its prior glory you have your answer.

Its not uncommon for a site to completely redesign with attention to conversion just to find out that they over developed it.

Thanks for your reply Chuck.

I actually did have them separated to begin with, forgot to mention that.

• Forum Side Bar
    • Original Parts section
    • Original Used Car section
    • New interactive section

The weird part to all of this is that the sidebar has not changed and still has the same click averages but has dropped down to 9 cents as well which is strange.

Now all the campaigns are running on similar EPC (9 cents) as opposed to the 30 cents prior to the change.

Good old Ebay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy626 View Post
    This system was an interactive isometric pictures of the vehicle and you hover your mouse over each part of the vehicle and once clicked goes to a separate html page of that particular part with a custom banner made up showing parts for sale on Ebay of the part they clicked.

it sounds like you put an extra step in between your forum viewer and the ebay click, PLUS changed from showing seductive "shiny objects" to an unchanging static image.
    The internet is a fad.

That is exactly what I have done, made an extra step and It's hurting!

I have put back the big page spread of the parts showing the "shiny seductive" items but being the stubborn person I am, have kept to the other interactive section in a different area.

I'm noticing the clicks are now wide spread between the two so as much as this is going to kill me for wasting all that time I'll have to remove it and see how it goes.

Not a happy camper at the moment...lol

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread