Not confirming after opting into emails
    Hi all,

I've noticed that on my website people have been opting into my email list but they aren't confirming, when they have receive the confirmation email.

Have many of you experienced this? If so, what did you do about it?

There isn't anything you can do about it.. but it's not necessarily a bad thing. In all likelihood it's properly filtering out spam attempts & bots.

Some email apps can send out a reminder to unconfirmed addresses, but I've never bothered with that.. a real person who wants to subscribe will complete the signup.

3. Thanks From:

Hay teezone, Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I kinda figured as much, its just a little fustrating sometimes, but such is life I guess

.. it's probably worth mentioning a double-opt in list is usually smaller in size, but MUCH more valuable than a standard list that was built without the extra step!

You're doing the right thing.. but it might not be a bad idea to check the wording on your signup page (just so they know what to expect).

6. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    .. You're doing the right thing..
    I get ya! In the end you'll have a more responsive list... I guess doing the right thing isn't always the easiest thing - but makes more sense in the long run. Cheers...

Nothing to be worried about.. that way you are sure that whoever confirms their email is a loyal subscriber.. yet using "Free email course" will be powerful than just using "Free Course" for example..

Mention somewhere on the opt-in that whatever you are offering will be instantly sent to their email.. & you can also go to your autoresponder & check who didn't confirm their email and send them a reminder.

9. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Nytshade View Post
    Nothing to be worried about.. that way you are sure that whoever confirms their email is a loyal subscriber.. yet using "Free email course" will be powerful than just using "Free Course" for example..

Mention somewhere on the opt-in that whatever you are offering will be instantly sent to their email.. & you can also go to your autoresponder & check who didn't confirm their email and send them a reminder.
    Hay Nytshade, thanks for advice. Makes sense I guess, will deffinately try and improve the copy...

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread