Bush has made some stupid comments in the past...check these quotes out by Kerry

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."
    - John F. Kerry
    "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
    - John F. Kerry
    "One word sums up probably the responsibility of any Governor, and that one word is 'to be prepared'."
    - John F. Kerry
    "I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."
    - John F. Kerry
    "The future will be better tomorrow."
    - John F. Kerry
    "We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."
    - John F. Kerry
    "I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."
    - John F. Kerry
    "We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."
    - John F. Kerry
    "Public speaking is very easy."
    - John F. Kerry
    "A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
    - John F. Kerry
    "We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
    - John F. Kerry
    "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
    - John F. Kerry
    "Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."
    - John F. Kerry
    "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."
    - John F. Kerry
    "It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."
    - John F. Kerry
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Just like you probably believe the utter trash being broadcast on Fox News (t-shirt available at http://george-bush.com) you've appear to have been duped into believing everything that your Republican buddies send you via email.

Apart from one of those quote that is attributable to GWB, the entire set are from Dan Quayle...

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...rry_quotes.htm

Feeling a little silly yet?

ABW Ambassador
    Drewbert,

You evidently have been duped by the utter trash, lies and crap that comes out of Kerry and his cohorts.

And before you jump to any conclusions, I'm not a Republican.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >You evidently have been duped by the utter
    >trash, lies and crap that comes out of Kerry
    >and his cohorts.

Can you tell me exactly which thing I've said that causes you to say that?

In other words, can you tell me exactly what Kerry and his cohorts said that believe to be lies that I've quoted here?

Are you saying that John Kerry really said those things, even though anyone who knows how to use Google can find evidence attributing them to Dan Quayle?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bob95603:
    Drewbert,

You evidently have been duped by the utter trash, lies and crap that comes out of Kerry and his cohorts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Apparently About.com has been duped too then.

Twice actually, once in 2004 with that false Kerry list, and once in 1999 when they posted pretty much the same quotes but more accurately spoken by Dan Quayle. http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...yle_quotes.htm

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I agree that those aren't real Kerry quotes. I remember those lines from long before John Kerry hit the radar.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Drewbert,

I didn't say you lied. It's Kerry that lies and will say anything to suit his audience to get what he wants. This guy flip-flops more than a worm on a hot sidewalk. Not really the qualities of a leader or a person of stature.

As for your question: "Just like you probably believe the utter trash being broadcast on Fox News.... you've appear to have been duped into believing everything that your Republican buddies send you via email."

As for Fox News, while I don't always agree with what they have to say, they are much more towards the center (a little right of center actually) than other news stations and news media which generally lean considerably to the left.

You haven't said anything that Kerry has lied about, but he has lied and now his campaign states they were not lies, but "lapses" (forget the exact terminology they used) in his memory. Really what is needed in a Presidential candidate---someone who has lapses in memory.

ABW Ambassador
    bob95603, it looks like you are flip-flopping on your earlier statement.

Good thing you said you were not a republican, because that really validates all the rest of the nonsense that comes out of your mouth. I love that disclaimer. Like you think you can say anything afterwards and everyone will take you seriously because after all you did say - "I am not a republican".

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Joey,

I never trust quotes (or anything else for that matter) that cannot be confirmed. Most of the quotes in About.com do not identify a source, so how do you know they're true and not made up by the author of the article?

Also note that the sources are attributed to an "email flyer". That really gives it a lot of credibility.

I really don't care if the quotes were directed towards a Republican, Democrat or Independent. The fact is they are not factual in content if there is no reliable method to verify the quote.

ABW Ambassador
    Chez Noir,

Only said I wasn't a Republican because Drewbert mentioned Republican buddies in his email.

And how do you consider what I said to be flip-flopping? By telling someone that they've been duped by someone who tells them what they want to hear?

Bob on Fox News, Republican guests outnumber Democrats by 5 to 1 (CNN is about 50/50). If that's "fair and balanced" our country is in serious trouble...

Who knows, maybe the quotes by Dan Quayle were made up too. But the fact that they were contributed to About.com in 1999 pretty much shows that Kerry didnt say them.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Arggh...Fox News requires their popular news talk shows to have both sides in every talking point conversation. The liberal invites are most always the ones who decline or not show up! They sell the opposing viewpoints to their audience which is both Liberal and conservative. Just cause the liberals come off looking and sounding like sheeple idiots doesn't drop their top rating one iotta.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Looks like this one is getting a bit out of hand.. it's turned from a chuckle into the usual political argument. Thread closed.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread