Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question Norton blocking CJ links on Facebook (resolved)
    After several years as a CJP, I unfortunately lost my CJP status a few months ago, so now I have no one to contact at CJ. The last couple of days I have had problems with Norton blocking CJ links on Facebook (this does not happen to Linkshare and GAN links), so I was looking for a contact form to complete on the CJ website to report this issue. However, I can only find mail addresses and phone numbers. How do I find a contact form?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Once logged into CJ:

Click on "Support Center" then > Ask a Question...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

Great, that worked. Now let us see if anyone responds

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jantaro View Post
    Great, that worked. Now let us see if anyone responds
    MOST of the time responses are in their 24-48 hour window. Have on several occasions needed to "bump" the ticket and even make a phone call...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    If you get an auto response make sure you read it thoroughly and follow the instructions. One thing about CJ is they will close a ticket because you didn't follow through.

I got a response, but it was of the cut/paste kind and not answering my question at all. It was like asking "What's the capital of Canada?" and getting as an answer "Oh, it is very far away".

You have two choices, you can play the game or you can go somewhere else. It sucks as the largest eCommerce affiliate network treats affiliates as second class citizens. You have many choices.

9. Thanks From:

I've had nothing but crappy cut and paste responses from CJ. I wouldn't expect any type of an intelligent reply from their support system. If you have some phone numbers for account managers I'd start calling them first.

11. Thanks From:

Try calling their support phone number and wading through the call with them.

Many of the retailers I work with luckily have affiliate programs through GAN or Linkshare as well, so for these I could just switch. For the retailers that don't, I will contact my merchant contacts instead. From past experience they have better contacts at CJ and can get through the retard filter. Separately I have reached out to Symantec as well, but it really should be in CJ's interest to see why Norton Safe Web on Facebook is blocking some of their URLs.

Many times it doesn't get through to upper management but when it does a thread like this can go a long way to get the message across. I am going to update the title so its easier to find.

Chuck, your plan worked! Thank you for raising this issue to my attention. Jantaro, can you please send me your CID to kpollard@cj.com so I can review your original question along with our response. Thanks!

In case anyone is not aware, Kerri Pollard is the President of Commission Junction. jantaro looks like you are getting a response from the top!

17. Thanks From:

I actually now got a very polite response from Alex (Client Support Team Lead), who apologized for the previous "answer" provided.

Commission Junction has been able to replicate what I am seeing, namely that Norton/Symantec is blocking CJ links posted on Facebook business pages. They are contacting Norton/Symantec to solve this issue.

I still wish Gina was around, but at least I was able to get someone at CJ to realize that this is an issue that needs to be addressed.

Just to update on this; Some CJ links are still being blocked by Norton Safe Web (at least when accessed through Facebook). Someone is supposed to be working on this, though I guess it has not been made a high priority as the issue has not been solved yet.

I would give it a little more time, as it's only been a couple of business days and it's a holiday weekend in the US.
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

I've followed up with both CJ and Symantec, but except from that waiting is all that I can do.

I would give it a little more time, as it's only been a couple of business days and it's a holiday weekend in the US.
    I agree, a decade is not that long...

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/93106-post6.html

------

Nice memories from the past: Just by searching ABW for that Name

As the week is coming to an end, here is another status update:

"Some CJ links are still being blocked by Norton Safe Web (at least when accessed through Facebook). Someone is supposed to be working on this, though I guess it has not been made a high priority as the issue has not been solved yet".

It's a copy of the prior update, but I hope you don't mind.

Joined the forum just to comment on this topic. This is a HUGE problem. CJ needs to resolve this immediately. Currently, I am getting absolutely annihilated on this issue.

Please contact your CJ rep if you have one. Many retailers also have affiliate programs through other networks, so to the extent possible I'd switch to those until CJ gets its Norton issue figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by jantaro View Post
    Please contact your CJ rep if you have one. Many retailers also have affiliate programs through other networks, so to the extent possible I'd switch to those until CJ gets its Norton issue figured out.
    Absolutely. I'm trying to bail out of CJ and advising all my clients to as well unless they can get this resolved.

The actual warnings themselves are causing some severe negative branding issues for clients who were posting subtle affiliate links from their business pages. Not a good first impression for a user to see a warning that your brand page is posting malicious links when they try to click something. They probably will never click something again from your page.

This is the response I was able to get from Commission Junction on May 23:

"As for the Norton flag, our product teams work directly with firms like Norton to ensure that our domains are whitelisted and OK for users to be taken through. We believe that's the cause of the issue here. We're contact Norton to address this and I can let you know when it's resolved. I was able to replicate what you were seeing and I showed that to our product teams. I've also provided them the screenshot you attached. If you see something new or different, please let us know."

Note the date; May 23.

I know several publishers who are losing huge amounts of profitable traffic due to this issue. Commission Junction needs to resolve this problem immediately.

Get their links white-listed, or issue new links if they cannot successfully resolve with Norton. Money is being lost.

Got another update from CJ:

"Symantec has acknowledged to us that they are improperly blacklisting our domains and are working with with their dev teams to ensure CJ domains are delisted. We don't have an ETA yet."

I am surprised not more affiliates are on the ball on this one. It must be having a financial impact on lots people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast