Here we go again. Just announced Friday morning at CJ....

quote:
    Commission Junction is currently performing database maintenance. In conjunction with this maintenance, users may experience intermittent delays in the Account Manager through Monday, February 10. We apologize for the inconvenience. Transactions will continue to be tracked and recorded as usual.

I'm guessing, as this is three projects they have worked on in one week that something is screwed up with there computer systems somewhere and they are trying to fix it. I mean, really, a big company like CJ surely would have combined all these projects at one time so as not to screw up things like they have over a whole week and a half.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Oh, I do want to give CJ credit here for announcing this.

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

I noticed next to the product links a number. Like #1. I wonder if all this updating is to help with the data feed catagories? That would be nice for those that use them. It sounds like a lot of people are having a hard time with them.

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

Yes, unfortunately, as many of us have suspected, it seems that CJ is having MAJOR problems.

No way would they have not taken care of everything at one time, they're attempting to do damage repair now, especially since its going to take a few days to complete.

It's comforting to know that transactions will continue to be tracked and recorded as usual...

Ummm...as usual before the latest update, or after?

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

All I can say is, I'm glad I don't have thousands of very active and very vocal people visiting my sites and commenting daily on every single downtime and slow cycle!

Actually, I can also say that the dancing bananas are hypnotic.

I trust that whatever CJ's doing is important. And tracking always does seem to come through -- even if it takes just a bit longer than they say~~!

-----

Tom Dalton
    (801) 802-9500
    tom_at_10xmarketing.com
    Franklin Covey Affiliate Manager

http://www.10xmarketing.com/franklincovey

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by 7-days:
    Here we go again. Just announced Friday morning at CJ....

Actually, it was posted on their site last night (Thursday). Just FYI.

Michael

I hope they get it fixed soon. One of my sites has 25 merchants getting click throughs with no impressions logged. No sales showing yet, either.

Gene
    TCS

What pees me off is that I wanted to do some product updates for Valentine's and just haven't been able to do it.

The net result is lost sales because I can't do my site maintenance.

This is *not* a good time of year for downtime.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the detailed announcement CJ.

Well, fortunately, I am spending my time building links for Pierced-body instead of a CJ merchant with a 40% charge back rate. Otherwise, I would certainly be annoyed.

But, I sure would like to see the sales on days when I sent 558 clicks throughs to merchants and according to their reports, sold nothing....yeah, right.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Maybe this time they will fixed the error they are having in too many reversal and make the tracking of sales work!

Or maybe! lol...

I feel sorry for the maintenance guy that keeps working on updating CJ.

I wonder how much he gets paid of doing all the fixing? lol...

poor thing!

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

quote:
    Originally posted by Tom - FranklinCovey:

Actually, I can also say that the dancing bananas are hypnotic.

And I thought it was just me - glad to see that they have that effect on someone else as well. I'm always amazed at how quickly those little guys can cheer me up if I'm in a bad mood.

--- Bobbi

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I need help all. I haven't been able to get CJ graphics to display or if I go to the link I get a page not found. I have tried this with at least 3 merchants at CJ now, and they all give me the same thing. I have copy pasted exactly what comes up for the linking code. Is anyone else having this problem lately?

Jack Mitchell
    http://jacksretail.com

ABW Ambassador
    Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope that this is more than just "maintainence" and CJ is going to surprize us by giving us back some detailed reports on product links.

Remember the good old days when they used to do nice things like that ? You know, appear to not answer our concerns , then all of a sudden "SURPRIZE" you asked for it, you got it type thing , then we all shouted "Hooray ! Three cheers for CJ !

I really do hope that's the case now, but I'm not holding my breath , probably just wishfull thinking . Eithor way , what the heck can possibly be taking so long to do ???

Surprise! They are only closing down while they add the line "sponsored by ebates" to their homepage.

Hurray!

The message about the 4 days of maintenance is gone now gone at CJ ! Yeah!!!!!

I'm hoping this means everything is now working properly at CJ and that our sales can now start rolling in.

ABW Ambassador
    Hey 7-days,
    Let us know when you see any sales reported during those days. I am not very optimistic about CJ downtime.

Don't hold your breath. CJ just announced more problems:

quote:
    Commission Junction is still performing some database work that will make our data management more efficient. We realize that some features are either timing out or are unavailable, such as the product catalog features. We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you updated on the progress. Transactions will continue to be tracked and recorded as usual.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread