Google +1 Button
    Hay Guys,

Just a quick question, Was wondering if anyone knows if the Google +1 Button helps with your sites or pages rankings within the serps?

Thanks in advance...

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Don't use it. What we're seeing is websites that have it, but no one actually appears to be using it on most websites. Not like FB.

Think the Google missed the boat on this one, again - by requiring a personal account and not allowing corporate accounts, IMhO...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have heard at a recent conference that setting it up for your website can have a positive influence on local search. But for a online only website that's not much use.

5. Thanks From:

No difference here whatsoever..

7. Thanks From:

Thanks for the responses guys. I guess its starting to look like that having the google +1 button dosen't really benefit your SEO efforts.

I just thought I'd ask as I see it on quite alot of sites out there, and just thought that their may be some added benefit of having it.

Cheers guys....

There was another thread about this in the last few months and wanted to bump it to see what others have to say. If anyone can find that thread either bump it or link it here.

I've asked my subscribers & Facebook friends if they have G+ accounts & most of them don't even know what it is or how they can get started... I think this is why it doesn't have a lot of clicks like the Facebook Like button.

& I don't think it is good for seo.. maybe in the future!

Its more evident if you Gmail otherwise the only reason to use is when a friend send you a request. I uses it and yesterday used it to send a message which got answered.

I also got an invite from a few marketers & I thought I should try it only to find out that they also don't spend much time there.. the place is just lonely for me. But when you open a new Google account you get an email from Google about how to get started with G+ You don't have to wait for a request!

I actually read a study the other day that proved that a site they were testing actually lost rank and traffic once they implemented the Google Plus button.

But then there are others who say that it helps immensely. I'm wondering if those people are getting kickbacks from Google or something lol. I have a site that I put the Plus button on and the front page article has 26 Plus 1's, but the rank dropped.

That's my experience. I still implement it into all my sites just to make them look fully rounded though.

Quote Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
    I actually read a study the other day that proved that a site they were testing actually lost rank and traffic once they implemented the Google Plus button.

But then there are others who say that it helps immensely. I'm wondering if those people are getting kickbacks from Google or something lol. I have a site that I put the Plus button on and the front page article has 26 Plus 1's, but the rank dropped.

That's my experience. I still implement it into all my sites just to make them look fully rounded though.
    Thnx for sharing your experience & for scaring us Ja1myn After reading your post I did some research & now I'm totally confused about this Google+ thingy.

Seems like more "dilution" to me.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nytshade View Post
    Thnx for sharing your experience & for scaring us Ja1myn After reading your post I did some research & now I'm totally confused about this Google+ thingy.
    Lol. I'm not trying to scare anyone. Perhaps some of you will find the following study interesting to you...

How does Google+ impact SEO performance? | Econsultancy

Thanks for the reference ja1myn, interesting article I must say. I have to be honest with you guys, I'm still not sure wether to leave the G+1 button or remove it. Think I'll leave it for the minute while I research a little more.

Thanks for all the comments and input...

Quote Originally Posted by WebReviews View Post
    Thanks for the reference ja1myn, interesting article I must say. I have to be honest with you guys, I'm still not sure wether to leave the G+1 button or remove it. Think I'll leave it for the minute while I research a little more.

Thanks for all the comments and input...
    I don't think it's going to hurt your site. Whether it helps with CTRs or hurts them is still up in the air as the button is still relatively new. It will just make your site look like it's embracing a new social media button. No harm done.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread