Amazon charges wiped all my commssion for 3 years
    Amazon charges since 2007 has wiped all of my books affiliate marketing commission from 1998-2001 which resulted only $7. This charges has never been announced to my email (even no report email at all from them since 2002) and they said for maintenance of my account so are they bank so could charge maintenance fee and what kind of maintenance service they had given which could eat my $7 for just 5 years because I never received any email report service anymore since 2002, what about my maintenance host for their book links.

So what do I get after painstakingly put their difficult links and promote here and there with my internet connection service, zero,nil, nada and Amazon just eat my hard earned $7 with no sense of guilty at all. So next time if you want to promote Amazon products be careful of their affiliate program almost become scam affiliate program lately not like when they began promote their program on 1998, with terms no charges at all, now easily they change their terms and put charges on their free no salary affiliate sheople.
    Last edited by affiwatcher; May 30th, 2012 at 07:27 AM.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    As I stated in your other thread this is way too long to collect and they have closed your account.

LOL, how do you know they have closed my account ? In fact my account still there showing now $0 which means Amazon also steals my $7 in the name of maintenance charges.

Btw there is no time in collecting debt, if there is such treatment then there would be no poor country because all of their debt to world bank and imf should be write off. Your logic is not correct.

Actually there is a statute of limitations on collecting debt. See here.

I apologize for the lack of 100% credible source but this was just meant to be quick.

Now I would very carefully read your original terms of service you agreed to. If you happen to have a copy of them, which 99% of people never make a copy of them, then examine where it states what exactly you are entitled to. If you don't have them then good luck pursuing this further. Most attorneys worth anything charge north of $250/hr.
    If you think you have a a case, by all means get yourself a hired gun, just know what your getting into.

Now onto more pressing discussion. Obviously you got screwed by some affiliate program. The internet is full of less than reputable organizations. Often times you have to chock certain experiences up to "life lessons". My suggestions is you take this as a $7 "life lesson" and refocus your affiliate efforts towards recouping that $7 and then some.

This is just my .02 and probably not worth that much.

LOL, no need to hire attorney or gun, this simple expose of what big online company did to its affiliate is enough. And I won't regard it as life lesson because I have got several big checks from the honest Spree.com, Aismedia.com, Outpost.com (Linkshare) in the past 98s-2001 without problem. On the contrary it would be precautions and early warnings for new amazon affiliates to be careful with their almost scam terms. Just surprise that some biggest online retailer like Amazon.com has NO SHAME to charge maintenance account fee and eat and steal all of its affiliates commision hard earned money. Will they think that its affiliate also has maintenance hosting cost for their affiliate books links site ?

Their reason and logic of maintenance account itself is not correct, if always charged per year for that fee then your account will be minus but it's not and always zero after eaten all by them. So why not when before that new terms applied on 2007 they send me the $7 gift for me to buy their book first then charge my left $0 with yearly maintenance cost afterwards. It proves that this cost reason is not the real reason but to steal its affiliate small commission is more cost efficient and practical than to send $7check/voucer/gift or books for their affiliates.

bytheway here is the original 1998 Amazon terms I copied incl other authentic so dont think I never keep and copy them. No maintenance cost whatsoever stated and till my $7 on 2001-2002 commission money happened still no new clausule of maintenance cost appeared and applied

========================================================
    ASSOCIATES PROGRAM OPERATING AGREEMENT

This Agreement contains the complete terms and conditions that apply to an individual's or entity's participation in the Amazon.com Associates Program (the "Program"). As used in this Agreement, "we" means Amazon.com, Inc., and "you" means the applicant. "Site" means a World Wide Web site and, depending on the context, refers either to Amazon.com's site or to the site that you will link to our site.

Enrollment in the Program

To begin the enrollment process, you will submit a complete Program application via our site. We will evaluate your application in good faith and will notify you of your acceptance or rejection. We may reject your application if we determine (in our sole discretion) that your site is unsuitable for the Program. Unsuitable sites include those that:

promote sexually explicit materials
    promote violence
    promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age
    promote illegal activities
    violate intellectual property rights
    If we reject your application, you are welcome to reapply to the Program at any time.

Links on Your Site

Product Lists: You may select one or more products to list on your site. For each selected product, you will display on your site a short description, review, or other reference. You will be responsible for the content, style, and placement of these references. You will provide a special link from each product reference on your site to the corresponding Amazon.com online catalog entry. Each link will connect directly to a single item in our online catalog, using a special link format that we give you. You may add or delete products (and related links) from your site at any time without our approval. Those books (but not other types of products) that are individually listed and linked as described above will be referred to as "Individually Linked Books."

Search Box: You may provide an Amazon.com search box that will permit site visitors to navigate directly to a page on the Amazon.com site that contains the results of their search queries. We will provide you with technical specifications describing how to include an Amazon.com search box on your site.

General Link to Amazon.com Home Page: You may provide a general link on your site to our home page in a format to be approved by Amazon.com. We will provide you with guidelines and graphical artwork to use in linking to our home page.

Order Processing

We will process product orders placed by customers who follow special links from your site to the Amazon.com site. We reserve the right to reject orders that do not comply with any requirements that we periodically may establish. We will be responsible for all aspects of order processing and fulfillment. Among other things, we will prepare order forms; process payments, cancellations, and returns; and handle customer service. We will track sales made to customers who purchase products using special links from your site to our site and will send you reports summarizing this sales activity. The form, content, and frequency of the reports may vary from time to time in our discretion. To permit accurate tracking, reporting, and fee accrual, you must ensure that the special links between your site and our site are properly formatted.

Referral Fees

We will pay you referral fees on certain product sales to third parties. For a product sale to generate a referral fee, the customer must follow a special link (in the format specified by Amazon.com) from your site to the Amazon.com site; purchase the product using our automated ordering system; accept delivery of the product at the shipping destination; and remit full payment to us. We will not, however, pay referral fees on any products that are added to a customer's Shopping Cart after the customer has reentered the site (other than through a special link from your site), even if the customer previously followed a link from your site to our site. In addition, products listed in our catalog or in search results as "out of print" or "hard to find" are not eligible for any referral fees. Gift certificates are not eligible to earn referral fees. The Program is intended for commercial use only, and you may not purchase products through the Program for your own use. Such purchases may result (in our sole discretion) in the withholding of referral fees or the termination of this Agreement. Products that are entitled to earn referral fees under the rules set forth above are hereinafter referred to as "Qualifying Products."

Fee Schedule

You will earn referral fees based on the sale price of Qualifying Products (as defined above), according to fee schedules to be established by us. "Sale price" means the sale price listed in our catalog (under the "our price" column) and excludes costs for shipping, handling, gift-wrapping, and taxes. The current fee schedule is:

15% of the sale price for sales of each Individually Linked Book that, on the date of order, is listed in our catalog at 10% to 30% off the publisher's list price and that is added to the customer's shopping basket directly from the page that results from following the hypertext link to the Individually Linked Book

5% of the sale price for sales of all other Qualifying Products, including:

Individually Linked Books that, on the date of order, are listed in our catalog at the publisher's list price (such as special order books) or at a deep discount of more than 30% off the publisher's list price

Sales of any products other than books (e.g., CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, etc.)

All other Qualifying Products that are purchased as a result of a special link to the Amazon.com site (as described in Section 4 above). You should note that only books can qualify as "Individually Linked Books" and that the referral fee for any Qualifying Products other than books is 5%, regardless of whether such item is individually listed on your site.

Fee Payment

We will pay you referral fees on a quarterly basis. Approximately 30 days following the end of each calendar quarter, we will send you a check for the referral fees earned on products that were shipped during that quarter, less any taxes that we are required by law to withhold. However, if the fees payable to you for any calendar quarter are less than $100.00, we will hold those fees until the total amount due is at least $100.00 or (if earlier) until this Agreement is terminated. If a product that generated a referral fee is returned by the customer, we will deduct the corresponding fee from your next quarterly payment. If there is no subsequent payment, we will send you a bill for the fee.

Policies and Pricing

Customers who buy products through this Program will be deemed to be customers of Amazon.com. Accordingly, all Amazon.com rules, policies, and operating procedures concerning customer orders, customer service, and product sales will apply to those customers. We may change our policies and operating procedures at any time. For example, we will determine the prices to be charged for products sold under this Program in accordance with our own pricing policies. Product prices and availability may vary from time to time. Because price changes may affect products that you already have listed on your site, you may not include price information in your product descriptions. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to present accurate information, but we cannot guarantee the availability or price of any particular product.

Identifying Yourself as an Associate

We will make available to you a small graphic image that identifies your site as a Program participant. You must display this logo or the phrase "In association with Amazon.com" somewhere on your site. The logo or phrase may be linked to the following message, at the Associate's option:

Amazon.com is pleased to have [sponsoring Web site name] in the family of Amazon.com Associates. We've agreed to ship products and provide customer service for orders we receive through special links on [sponsoring Web site name].
    Amazon.com Associates list selected books and products in an editorial context that helps you choose the right ones. We encourage you to visit [sponsoring Web site name] often to see what new products they've selected for you.

Thank you for shopping with an Amazon.com Associate.

Sincerely,
    Jeff Bezos
    Founder & CEO
    Amazon.com
    P.S. We guarantee you the same high level of customer service you would receive at Amazon.com. If you have a question about an order you've placed, please don't hesitate to contact us.

We may modify the text or graphic image of this notice from time to time. In addition, we encourage (but do not require) you to include a link to the Amazon.com home page at Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more.

Limited License

We grant you a nonexclusive, revocable right to use the icon and message described in Section 8 and such other images for which we grant express permission, solely for the purpose of identifying your site as a Program participant and to assist in generating product sales. You may not modify the icon, the message, or any of our images in any way. We reserve all of our rights in the icon, the message, any other images, our trade names and trademarks, and all other intellectual property rights. We may revoke your license at any time by giving you written notice.

Responsibility for Your Site

You will be solely responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of your site and for all materials that appear on your site. For example, you will be solely responsible for:

the technical operation of your site and all related equipment
    creating and posting product descriptions on your site and linking those descriptions to our catalog
    the accuracy and appropriateness of materials posted on your site (including, among other things, all product-related materials)
    ensuring that materials posted on your site do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party (including, for example, copyrights, trademarks, privacy, or other personal or proprietary rights)
    ensuring that materials posted on your site are not libelous or otherwise illegal
    We disclaim all liability for these matters. Further, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees) relating to the development, operation, maintenance, and contents of your site.

Terms of the Agreements

The terms of this Agreement will begin upon our acceptance of your Program application and will end when terminated by either party. Either you or we may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause, by giving the other party written notice of termination. You are only eligible to earn referral fees on sales of Qualifying Products occurring during the term, and fees earned through the date of termination will remain payable only if the related orders are not canceled or returned. We may withhold your final payment for a reasonable time to ensure that the correct amount is paid.

Modification

We may modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, at any time and in our sole discretion, by posting a change notice or a new agreement on our site. Modifications may include, for example, changes in the scope of available referral fees, fee schedules, payment procedures, and Program rules. IF ANY MODIFICATION IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOUR ONLY RECOURSE IS TO TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF A CHANGE NOTICE OR NEW AGREEMENT ON OUR SITE WILL CONSTITUTE BINDING ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGE.

Relationship of Parties

You and we are independent contractors, and nothing in this Agreement will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between the parties. You will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on our behalf. You will not make any statement, whether on your site or otherwise, that reasonably would contradict anything in this Section.

Limitation of Liability

We will not be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages (or any loss of revenue, profits, or data) arising in connection with this Agreement or the Program, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Further, our aggregate liability arising with respect to this Agreement and the Program will not exceed the total referral fees paid or payable to you under this Agreement.

Disclaimers

We make no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the Program or any products sold through the Program (including, without limitation, warranties of fitness, merchantability, noninfringement, or any implied warranties arising out of a course of performance, dealing, or trade usage). In addition, we make no representation that the operation of our site will be uninterrupted or error-free, and we will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors.

Independent Investigation

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE MAY AT ANY TIME (DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY) SOLICIT CUSTOMER REFERRALS ON TERMS THAT MAY DIFFER FROM THOSE CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT OR OPERATE WEB SITES THAT ARE SIMILAR TO OR COMPETE WITH YOUR WEB SITE. YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM AND ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE, OR STATEMENT OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.

Miscellaneous

This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States and the state of Washington, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Seattle, Washington, and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. You may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to the benefit of, and enforceable against the parties and their respective successors and assigns. Our failure to enforce your strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of our right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provision of this Agreement.

This is whining and bullshit. Who are you to demand payment after 11 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    This is whining and bullshit. Who are you to demand payment after 11 years!
    What do you mean by whining and bullshit. And do you think hard earned commission could be eaten and stolen by affiliate provider like amazon anyway like that. I have the right as affiliate to claim my commisison money which has dissapear. And are you make me little by saying who are you ? I AM AFFILIATE of several programs since 1998, who are you then on that time. Do you want me to copy the $7 total commision report of Amazon ? I think as admin you should not underestimate affiliate whether small or big result. I have big one without problem, only those small one got problem so why you still say whining and bullshit. THIS IS FACT.

And as I said before there is no time constraint for debt, if your logic is right then all debts of poor countries to developed countries in the world should be written off. How come accounting be balance with dissapearing debt even after 11 years.
    Last edited by affiwatcher; May 31st, 2012 at 01:12 AM.

Try to take a check to a bank that is 11 years old and ***** to the bank president that he is cheating you. You come to ABW to slander top company by saying that they owe you money from eleven years ago and you expect that we support that?

Try to take a check to a bank that is 11 years old and ***** to the bank president that he is cheating you. You come to ABW to slander top company by saying that they owe you money from eleven years ago and you expect that we support that?
    LOL I dont expect you support, did I ask you to help ask Amazon to pay me, just for warning and precautions to new affiliate from almost scam affiliate provider with their changing terms. As I have told you above that I am surprised that big online retailer amazon.com also eat my small commisison money. And why do you defend top company who almost scam ? Is this forum built for them and Amazon pay this forum hosting ? Where is the fairness for affiliate to write what they had got as affiliate from some almost scam affiliate provider then ? Oh I remember now this forum is not like when Haiko still here. If you dont like I expose FACT that "top company" like Amazon.com also scams its affiliate commission with its funny "maintenance cost fee" then I will excuse from this forum and write at many other forums who allow fairness for writing.
    Last edited by affiwatcher; May 31st, 2012 at 01:26 AM.

I am that administrator of this forum, I have no direct relationship with Amazon nor do they pay to advertise here. You come here complaining and post information that borderlines on violating our forum rules, I have allowed you to continue to post but you test my patience. You are not a long term member and have no reputation here. If you want to afront me then continue by all means. Haiko recommended me!

I am that administrator of this forum, I have no direct relationship with Amazon nor do they pay to advertise here. You come here complaining and post information that borderlines on violating our forum rules, I have allowed you to continue to post but you test my patience. You are not a long term member and have no reputation here. If you want to afront me then continue by all means. Haiko recommended me!
    First I dont whining and complaining, I just expose what Amazon.com did to my small $7 commisison check, what's wrong about that ? and what patience I did to you. I dont insist my opinion on you like you insist your wrong logic of 11 years. The case here is is not about time but about number, mister. So who patience is tested here, me or yours. I even waiting for 11 years without complaining like you just read my writing for 1 day and complaining, LOL

And please do not think my new nick here then you said I am not long term member here, I forget my old nick here and I have been since this forum started probably before you are here and not the culture of its ex admin Haiko to insist of some of his logic on members writing and said whining and compaining and bull shit. never I read Haiko wrote like that. If now the culture differenet after acquired by new owner which probably have some hidden mission protecting and defending some big top companies, then I will excuse from this forum and find other more fairness forum to write. Before I already ask in my head who are you with your new face as before I known Haiko face very well is not like your photos, LOL.

I will not see your whining,bs reply again.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I wouldn't call $7 in commissions "a hard working affiliate". My take is you haven't worked at all in promoting Amazon in eleven years.

C'mon, get real, no one ripped you off. Companies can't keep $7 on the books for inactive/non-producing affiliates forever...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Done

With the time & effort you've put into complaining, and trying to collect these commissions, you could have easily earned $7 by doing actual affiliate work instead.

16. Thanks From:

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread