Adsense on affiliate site?
    I have a few affiliate websites that looks like a shops (I imported data feeds).
    There's one thing that bugs me and that's adsense.
    Do you think I should also put adsense ads or not?
    I could earn some revenue, but that can distract my visitors from clicking on affiliate links and feeds, that potential can bring me much higher revenue.

What's your opinion?

I've always wished that Adsense Ads could also open in a new tab, but that's against the T&C of Adsense. You can use adsense, but it's a good choice to use it only in you content.

It's totally up to you, but I don't use Adsense, if I use it I would put it at the bottom of the page!

I think you should place an adsense on your affiliate websites. Just make sure you put it at the appropriate place where it won't conflict with your rest of the affiliate advertisements on the same web page.

I prefer affiliate links to Adsense, but it depends on your site's conversion.

If the site has high traffic, but low conversion, it could generate some decent revenue. If you have high conversion, affiliate links will probably be worth more.

5. Thanks From:

I'd have a lot of experience myself with Adsense over the past 6 years or so and I can say that I still do not fully understand the nature of this beast. Sites that I didn't expect much from ended up doing well and sites that I fully expected to crush it with Adsense didn't live up to my expectations.

I have gained significant increases simply by changing the color scheme of ads. Some times it's a positioning issue. You really have to play around with colors, sizes and positioning to figure out if it's worth using or not for you for any given site.

As mentioned in this tread, Google has some strict rules for using Adsense, make sure you're aware of them. Their rules typically don't mix well with affiliate stuff, they label or as a bridge site or consider you to be arb'ing and don't pay you in a lot of cases.

It's tricky.

7. Thanks From:

Experiment and see what works for you. I prefer affiliate links in general but as others have said it really depends on the website.

Hay Guys,

I have a couple of affiliate websites up and running, and I do include Google Adsense on them. However for me, I like to place it generally at the bottom of the page in the footer.

That way they don't really take away from the actual aim of the page itself. Now in saying that, they don't get hundreds of clicks but they do generate a small additional monthly income.
    "You can't cross a sea by merely staring into the water." [COLOR="DarkRed"]-Rabindranath Tagore[/COLOR]

Pick or choose AdSense locations carefully and do some A-B testing.

While not our leading source of income, AdSense has been a solid revenue avenue for me for many years. It allows me to buy some cool toys.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

11. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    While not our leading source of income, AdSense has been a solid revenue avenue for me for many years. It allows me to buy some cool toys.
    Hay Bill,

There's a pretty cool idea for a thread: "What Cool Toys Have You Bought From Your IM Earning"
    "You can't cross a sea by merely staring into the water." [COLOR="DarkRed"]-Rabindranath Tagore[/COLOR]

I also have found that google has a double view on these things.

Some sites are doing price comparison and they are allowed to post adsense ads. Other sites who are doing exactly the same get banned for being bridge sites.

I think that is part of the google algorithm, to favor their own price comparison websites and ban others who try to compete with them in the same field.

Same way like youtube links get such good results recently when doing a search.

The have a favorable rating on their own sites and reduce rating on its competitors.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread