How do you find time for blogging?
    I just can't make myself do it

Is this a question about time management? Or how to motivate yourself to write?

Set aside a time to blog. Set realistic goals for how often you'll blog.

Be passionate about what you're blogging about.

Don't let yourself be held back by what others think.

Just start doing it.

Become more mechanical about it if that helps get you started - Create a list of topics to blog about. Do your keyword research. Choose one to blog about and use it to create a list of ideas/details. Use that list to tell a story that engages your visitors. Collect commissions. Rinse and repeat.

3. Thanks From:

If you don't have self discipline then you have a major problem. The major problem I see these days is that people are too busy.. you need to focus on being Productive, not busy.

I find that the best time for me to blog is in the morning. This can also become an addiction, once you get used to it, you cannot live without it! It really does become a habit!

So have a writing schedule!

[Removed Image Link]
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; May 31st, 2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Removed Image Link

I have so many projects going right now that my day needed to be lengthened. I used to awake around 7:30am... I've moved my wake up time to 6:00am.

create an itinerary for your day by blocking out and scheduling time for tasks. I could spend all day on social media, web development, reading, blogging or any of the other numerous tasks that need to be done. Just set a time for each and stick to it.

Since most of my affiliate sites are blogs, it's not too hard for me to find time.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Watched Julie & Julia last night with my wife. Its a story about a wife who was lost in life and started blogging, she set a goal to cook every recipe in Julia Child's famous cookbook in a year which was more than one recipe a day. It gained international attention and the movie was made about her. Blogging is about passion, ego or some try it to become an affiliate.

8. Thanks From:

Great story brother Chuck.. I need to check out the movie, Thnx for sharing.

For me I have found a good routine to be the most effective way of working. So I will have one or two hours a day where writing is my only focus. I find it very hard to write little bits here and there when I have a few minutes spare, perhaps some people can work like this but I prefer to have at least 30 minutes to really get into the flow of writing. I'm pretty good at disciplining myself when I have a good timetable in place but if I don't I'm far less productive.

I found that what works best for me is to make my blogging experience as organic as possible. By that I mean as I am working and doing affiliate research often times when I find or learn something new I'll make a note of it. Then at the end of the day I'll look over my notes and blog about a topic relevant to that days experience. This saves me a lot of time and in some ways the blog writes itself, as I am merely recounting a lesson or piece of news I learned from that day.

It's hard to find time when you're just beginning. You have to find what works best for you and remember to be flexible with everything in life. I used to work from 8pm - 2am everyday/5 days a week and weekends for the first 3 years in the business. Now a day, I'm still trying to work until 10pm at night.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    The thread starter is bs but the responses are sincere. If you don't have time for golf no one is forcing you to play the game or commit the time. I think the original poster made the post with the intent to get some attention or try to sell something. you don't become a blogger or an affiliate because you have to, that's idiotic. You do it as a hobby or because of a passion.

Thank you for the responses but this thread is closed.

14. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread