Trying to select an affiliate marketing program
    Is anyone familiar with SFI affiliate marketing? They have an A+ rating with the BBB and their program so far seems interesting, but I'm trying to get some opinions before I complete my registration and give them my SS# (for payments, taxes, and the IRS)
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; June 2nd, 2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: link baiting

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I spent 10 seconds on their home page and know that I would never have anything to do with them.

Listing their affiliates by name on their home page? You've GOT to be kidding. Total Lack of credibility.

Also, I would NEVER give my ssn to any network or other outside entity. Get an EIN from the IRS and use that for registration with any network.

Welcome to ABestWeb.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

3. Thanks From:

If it sounds too good to be true - it is.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Many years ago, before I actually found out about the distinctions between affiliate marketing and "network marketing," i.e., MLM, I signed up for SFI.

They immediately sent me a cookie-cutter website for free. (I was overwhelmed with excitement that a company would GIVE me a website!) They also immediately sent me the name, phone number (I think), and email address of my "Team Leader."

I don't actually think I spent any money, or at least very little, on the whole deal. I never made a dime and had no way of knowing whether anyone went to my website. I don't remember any "products" we were selling. I remember really very, very little of the whole thing.

I finally just let the whole thing fade away. Technically, I'm probably still a "member" and could access their site with login info if I had kept it. Can't find the info anywhere and it was several computers ago, so I doubt I have it. I'm almost tempted to go to their site and see whether I can get a new password/user ID/whatever, just to see what they're up to these days.

I will say this: They seemed from my memory of them to be honest people, just not really affiliate marketing people -- MLM instead.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Affiliate Manager
    Try signing up with some of the more reputable networks who have boards within the forums you visit and are active on them. Always a good place to start when you know you can get in contact with someone from the team.

Thank u for your honest reply I am a member of sfi affiliate marketing (newbie under two weeks) and it has grown to over 5 million members but the only way I believe you'll make money is if you get alot of affiliates that are determine to make money under you or more like a select few so I read in an article.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread