Cool Giving free gifts to incentivize the sale
    Hello Affiliates,

Your insights and experience on the idea of giving your customers gifts as part of the sales process is something Iím very interested in. I currently have a Zazzle store where I offer a free gift and am having success. I also noticed eBay allows it.

Have you or do you offer your customers low-cost free gifts with their purchase or as a condition of it?

Are your merchants okay with your offering a free gift to drive sales?

Do you get feedback from your clients after they make a purchase at the merchant site?

Do you market to those clients in the form of emails, newsletters, or other ways?

Everything you could tell me on what has and has not worked for you would be welcome!

Thanks much,

Tom

Affiliate Manager Yulia from DNP's Avatar
    Well as a merchant i can tell you that we do offer for example to " upgrade " your sale .Which basically means that if you bought cigarettes for a price of X, we will offer you more cartons but for a more discounted price.Thats working very nicely.
    From a publisher side i can tell you that everyone loves freebies, gifts etc.
    As long as its something for free people feel special and like they won something:- )
    If you have a costumer not sure if he is interested in a specific product of yours, freebie is going to give him this last push to press the " buy " button.
    They are a great incentive and they work like a charm.
    If you are going to offer a freebie you should do it on the first costumer purchase,because once they bought from you (especially with the freebie incentive ) you will have now a data base of your costumers which you will be able to use for any future marketing purpose.
    You can offer a verity of different freebies if you can, this way you will have more personal information about the clients preferences for future marketing proposals.

Good luck!
    [B]Yulia Borova
    Affiliate Manager - [B][url=http://DirectNetPartners.com][COLOR="Purple"]Tobacco Affiliate Program - GET 50$ Sign up bonus[/url][/COLOR][/B]
    Email: [email]Yulia@DirectNetPartners.com[/email] | Skype: DNPYulia | [url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/DirectNet-Partners/211572005534452]Our Facebook Page[/url][/B]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Tom its called Gift with Purchase and is a standard marketing tool advertisers use. Some affiliate networks actually have check boxes to help promote to affiliates. I have one going on my forum for one of my merchants.

Thanks Chuck and Yulia for the great feedback.

In my relationship with Zazzle, they do not provide contact information of the actual customers; just first name, last initial, and the person's home city. On getting the sale, Zazzle markets to them directly with little hope of me getting follow on revenue unless I find ways to get them to come back through me again.

By doing the Gift with Purchase option, I'll have the potential of building a longer term relationship with customers.

Initially I was concerned that merchants might not see it the same way :-)

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    What I was referring to was the merchant offering gift with purchase not the affiliate. Affiliate are welcome in my program to do so but they would have to get the consumer to fill out a form or join then on Facebook to get contact info. You can run contests and I see some affiliates do it routinely. They have the visitor fill out a form then redirect them to the merchant site.

You can always approach Zazzle to see if they would provide prizes for a contest. I have had affiliates to the before and have gotten prizes for them from merchants.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread