Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    This is pretty funny!

http://voidofmind.com/movies/?mac

(there are lots of other funny things on that site too )
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

why would any one use a toy computer to build a serious business???
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by my2cents:
    why would any one use a toy computer to build a serious business??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because theyactually use a computer to make their business more efficient, rather than run around all day trying to remove parasites and viruses from their Windows machine and worry if someone is stealing their business data from their machine without their knowledge?

Heh I don't know what mac he uses, but mine works perfectly. Many of the problems he described are things that I associate with PCs.

One big perk of Mac OS X is that it doesn't crash. Beyond that, most things he mentioned as being problems (the dock hiding, the cd autoplaying, etc..) are optional settings that are turned off by default. Like Drewbert said, macs make business more efficient. There's gotta be some reason why all the creative professionals use them.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Funn ythat this thread should pop up the same day...

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...1957#434101957

I'll stick to my "toy" dual processor G4 with 3 17" displays, I think. I haven't had to buy any add-on software to make it work properly (or to secure it properly). It's cost me ZERO DOLLARS in upkeep since the day I bought it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>There's gotta be some reason why all the creative professionals use them.

Because in the olden days you couldn't get any decent graphics software for a pc.

Just Lurking
    I'm not sending this one to my Mac friends I don't need tons of emails saying "Mac's Rule!"
    Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!

IMO the funniest part of that video is when he ends it by saying that he made the video on a mac. Makes the whole video sound kinda hypocritical doesn't it? Or maybe he just couldn't use his PC beacause it had a virus.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drewbert:
    Funn that this thread should pop up the same day...

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...1957#434101957

I'll stick to my "toy" dual processor G4 with 3 17" displays, I think. I haven't had to buy any add-on software to make it work properly (or to secure it properly). It's cost me ZERO DOLLARS in upkeep since the day I bought it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*LOL* I hear ya!

We actually do have a Mac here too. (not on the network) It is my nephews, but I do use it on occasion for some graphic/video editing.

To be honest, a Mac is going to be my next big purchase since my nephew will be moving out soon. (hopefully. *LOL*)

I just found the video really funny because I have seen people who are used to regular PC's sit down to use a Mac and run into the same problems he acts out.

I love the end where he says the whole thing was created on a Mac.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

macs are ok, but there not any more stable or secure out of the box as the latest windows machines... (Yeah believe it!!), I personally would never use a mac as my primary computer, mac's were trash in the early years OS 8 etc, and they only became worth owning when they came out with the OS-X which is built on Unix BSD, I would rather use a real linux or unix system, I will admit, Macs are really Purdy... but thats about it, there have been security patches and updates released for macs which proves no OS is secure/stable out the box. Real Mac power users will learn the unix shell commands and lock thier box down from there, Mac users are exactly like Windows users, meaning the majority deal exclusivly with a GUI, and would be lost if presented with a command prompt. The actuall real world benefits of using a Mac are few and far between tho, and to me, it aint worth the money to own a pretty computer that doesnt do half of what even the old win98 OS will do,.

also, every mac user I know is so high strung on the fact that there are only 32 known mac virus' that they believe they wont ever need to run a virus scan... Very false, most (Most, not ALL) virus' are spread by begining linux users, and veteran Mac users that dont have virus scans on their machines,,, A Mac/Linux User can get a virus, open it, execute it, lick it, whatever, and not ever be affected/infected by it.. but they can pass that on to loved ones and family members that run windows, selfish in the fact that they cant get a virus and not even worring about "Giving" a virus..

I know this may seem biased, but I actually Run Slackware 10 (linux) as my primary os, windows XP (Gotta have windows, I dont care what you say about windows, we all know it is a must tove at least 1 windows box in the house, especially if you want to game (Dont get me started on the downfalls of Winex, or the other win32 emulators) and I dable with Darwin (Apples OSX open source equivelant)

sorry to be long winded, but it had to be said..

No matter what anyone thinks.... Windows will still be the prefered platform for the masses, and the reason for that, is compatibility,... and production.

Mac users I would urge you all to really learn unix commands, and to strip down your gui and run from the command terminal, you'll see that every OS has its major ups and downs, but some OS's seem to market by giving a false sence of security..

sorry all, but Windows and Linux rules... Macs are Unix machines with Identity issues, but they sure look puuuurddyyyy..

lol,
    I luvs u all

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread