Angry Beware of a BIG F-up on this datafeed...
    If you're using automatic upload of datafeeds to your sites, and are using the (11284.txt) Home Living Style Furniture datafeed, Check your categories...

I just fund a BIG F-up mess on one of my sites categories.

The datafeed from "Home Living Style Furniture" with the date of 02/23/2012 had the MerchantCategory (FIELD22) and MerchantSubcategory (FIELD23) in one order, now I just noticed that MerchantCategory and MerchantSubcategory are reversed on the feed from 06/03/2012 and all my categories are showing 404's...

This is BS...

Somebody made a big error on the last feed...

Just for some example look at this:

Before: Wall Clocks
    After: Home & Garden > Decor > Clocks > Wall Clocks

Before: Using MerchantCategory (FIELD22) it went From: "Accent Chests" to "Z Tables" with about 192 category names...

After: And, if using the MerchantSubcategory (FIELD23) as a Catregory in order for a quick fix, then it goes from "Accent Benches" to "Z Tables" with about 294 category names...

What a load of junk!

It's not a question of dealing with it fix it on my end now, it's a question of what would happen on the next feed update from the merchant...

This feed have over 15k products, so it's a big feed to be messing with the categories order after they are set, and then avoiding broken pages if something hit the fence with a new feed update.

ABW Ambassador
    My guess is they hire some new guy to take care of their datafeed. The new guy don't like the way the old feed structured and decided to make some changes.

Sorry to hear about the mess, Mr. Sal.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    ugh - did you get with the merchant directly?
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Merchant sent out an email on June 5, 2012:

HomeLivingStyle has recently moved to a new and better platform. This action has affected our products mapping so we are advising our affiliates to download our latest datafeed now.

HomeLivingStyle updated its datafeed on Shareasale last 06-03-2012. The new product feed features new product image links and additional high demand products like...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

5. Thanks From:

Merchant sent out an email on June 5, 2012
    What about now? (Jun 9 2012)

I just discovered that none of the products images work today!

On the same new datafeed from 06-03-2012 (that's the last one available from SAS FTP), the Thumbnail and BigImage have the same img URL for a product, but that's not a big deal...

BUT... After seeing no images on my site for any of the Home Living Style Furniture products, I decided to get the feed again and checkit on my HD...

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

One Example:

Product Name: "Coral Star Beaded Flower Night Light"

On the datafeed we have:

Thumbnail
    http://www.homelivingstyle.com/media...00108M-2_2.jpg

BigImage
    http://www.homelivingstyle.com/media...00108M-2_2.jpg

Those inages go to a 404...

If I click on the product page and go to the merchant site, the image is there, but under another img URL: http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn....000108M-2T.jpg

So now what?

There is nothing we can do from our end at this time...

They keep sending me email about "getting more active" - I suppose this is one reason I shouldn't bother.

There are some (many?) companies who don't keep affiliates "in the loop" when changes are made. I never could understand that.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

8. Thanks From:

I have put them on hold for now.

ABW Ambassador
    I noticed a little while ago that the images are now showing up for Home Living Style Furniture. I'm using their datafeed through PopShops so I'm not sure if the Thumbnail and BigImage issue is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    I noticed a little while ago that the images are now showing up for Home Living Style Furniture. I'm using their datafeed through PopShops so I'm not sure if the Thumbnail and BigImage issue is fixed.
    How the old saying goes?

"Eyes That Don't See, Heart That Don't Feel"

Yes, they fixed, for now!

The Product Catalog report has been generated last 06-09-2012 and is ready to be retrieved. We now have 14,359 products available. If you haven't updated, I suggest you retrieve it now to ensure accurate pricing and product availability.

For those who were able to download the feed last week, it is important that you update with the current feed because we have to roll back to the old site due to technical issues so the links need to be re-tracked.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread