...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Shareasale's new Affiliate Website Profile
    Have you seen it?

This is what I don't personally care for "profiling" like this:

It's all inclusive. Does not account for having multiple websites. You know damn well that most merchant's aren't going to spend the time to see if you have additional websites listed. Furthermore, each website may not match the profile's responses.

An affiliate may:

• Have websites written in different languages.
    • Have websites that contain adult content or link to sites with adult content.
    • Use PPC marketing on one of their own websites but not another. Nor does that mean an affiliate is looking to link directly to merchants via PPC.
    • May have a website that is a coupon site, others that are not, and others that sprinkle an occasional coupon.
    • Have a website that uses an "Add on", toolbar, or other downloadable application on one website, but not another.
    • Be an advertiser network - but doesn't mean they will use their network to market all merchants or all of their own websites. It may just be that an affiliate also has an advertiser network.

The last two questions are a tad redundant:

Do you have a network of publishers to which you deliver ads? Well, that falls into other areas: PPC and having your own network.

Do you Display advertisements on sites that you don't own? Again, that falls into: PPC and having your own network as well as if you purchase any other type of advertising on a site you don't own.

A better way to go about this is to have an area where affiliates can list AND profile EACH website. Granted the majority of affiliates start out with only one website, but many do end up with quite a few...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

2. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    How can a merchant/AM/OPM know that an affiliate will segregate non-coupon, non-PPC or no-toolbar sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    How can a merchant/AM/OPM know that an affiliate will segregate non-coupon, non-PPC or no-toolbar sites?
    You asking me or Shareasale?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Both!

You don't. Just like affiliates don't know if a merchant will screw them.

Seriously, if an affiliate has the chance to list AND profile multiple websites (like on some networks) they probably are LESS likely to be hiding unethical behavior.

Just because there is an all inclusive form like above, doesn't mean it will be filled out truthfully. Those that are scheisters are scheisters...

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I'm interested to see where they are going with this. I'd love to see SAS be a little more serious about site profiles for affiliates than the current system of having a text form where you comma separate their list of sites.

If I think about it, this has to play into the new recruiting tool that SAS introduced at ThinkTank.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Tax Paying Member
    I am with Convergence on this one. The form is aimed to a single web site. Some of us have multiple web sites that promote a variety of products and services..........This form needs to be for each website and not a catch-all per affiliate.

I suggest that the AM look at my site before approval and at times afterward. Sometimes I get approved and other times I get rejected and there is no evidence that the AM has even visited my website.

A shared trust must be developed between AM and affiliate.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

9. Thanks From:

I saw this marked "Needs Attention" to "Speed up merchant approvals". My problem is that it says "website" as if we only have one. The questions apply to some of my sites but not all. This bothers me in this time of growing bad vibes towards coupons sites. I have one coupon site and some merchants get wind of it and want to cut commissions even if they are not featured on that site.

To me it should be a by site profile, and not a profile that brands all your sites. Is filling out the form mandatory?

11. Thanks From:

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hey Everyone - it is about information really for us, we are trying to provide a better overall experience for Merchants and Affiliates through the application process.

It is, as with everything on ShareASale, something we will be improving on over time and will definitely take in suggestions. Feel free to post them here, or as always - we have our anonymous feedback system at ShareASale Needs to Fix This!
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

13. Thanks From:

We have not, and will not, complete the form - because we can not.

Received this email today:

Thank you for your interest in the MERCHANT affiliate program. After screening your profile based on our preferred criteria, we are unable to offer an affiliate partnership at this time. If there is any other information you would like us to take into consideration, or if your profile evolves in the future, do please consider applying again.
    Already have doubts about this merchant/AM/OPM -

1. Took one week to decline us
    2. We filled out marketing information at the time of the application
    3. They went only by "The Profile"

Couldn't resist replying...

Guess you hadn't considered that affiliates may have more than one web property? Which is why Shareasale's "Profile" was archaic before it even launched.

May be a good idea to actually visit an affiliate's site...

[website removed]

Enjoy your weekend.

15. Thanks From:

Simple solution, instead of only having yes/no. Have a 3rd option. "Depends on which site". Some of those questions I can answer with an overall "No" for all my sites. Others need a 3rd option.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Is there an input/CGI panel where an affiliate can clarify?
    I like to have a CGI form within the questionnaire where I
    can specify where the coupons would be if the AM has indicated
    a preference for the segregation of coupon and non-coupon pages
    within a site.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread