Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What did this change accomplish?

I used to be able to add products to my sites, then monitor click throughs. If a product got lots of clicks, but no sales, I could pinpoint exactly which product was being clicked, and make adjustments to improve conversions of that item, or dump it in favor of another product that could perform better in the real estate provided for it.

Now, all I get is "Product Catalog 1" which tells me NOTHING! I have no idea what is/is not being clicked. SIDs don't help, unless something is actually purchased.

So, I'd like to know why this change was made, and exactly WHO it benefits? It doesn't benefit me in any way, as I am totally in the dark now about which products are catching the attention of visitors.

As far as I can see, the "Product Catalog 1" is totally worthless to anyone. If I'm overlooking something obvious, I wish someone would explain it to me, as I find it very difficult now to gauge whether a product is of interest to my site visitors. Unless something is purchased, I have no idea what is attracting attention or not. So, I can't make changes to my pages to improve performance. Clicks mean nothing now, as I can't tell what's being clicked.

Thanks,
    Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

I agree Andy, Wish they would go back to the old product links, I could actually find what is being clicked on. And what is resulting in sales.

Jason
    Santa Cruz

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, please do explain !

It seems that the "improvement" part is limited to your end . I see this change as a step backwards for affiliates .

Even on CJs advanced linking options, you can NOT monitor what was being clicked on, other than the "original banner image" you used to create the advanced link.

The new links are just horrible , please change
    it back !

The best improvement , I think ,
    "would have been" to leave things as they were , AND with product searches ADD the option of including results from Catalog City .

In otherwords, unless you ASK for it, NO
    Catalog City product links would show up .

In fact, I think their products should be an entirely different search function, and they shouldn't be mixed in with the other products. They are just too darn HUGE and take over almost every product search .

I would imagine that they (Catalog City) are
    probably your biggest bandwith problem - not
    the old product linking method !

It would be real nice to get the old links back , Pretty please !

It is very time consuming to build those links over at performics and linkshare, but at least it's not a dead end of communication once you get them up !

Lisa

ABW Ambassador
    Imagine that Catalog City product list it is NOT complete, they had to upload a light version. It is very sad that the database was not well designed and they and us have to suffer the consequences.

Fer

And by the time you get a Catalog City link published, they move the product to another page. No notice.

I think I might have one or two CC products still online...the rest were removed because it's just too much work to keep up with them. I'm learning databases, but I'm not ready to do anything with them yet. I suppose a CC database wouldn't be as difficult to maintain, but you can join the same companies as CC and get a higher commission. Why wouldn't you?

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

I used to love how I can create my own product links to different products easily. I couldn't understand why CJ removed the the destination url in the advanced options.

Now, I have to wait for the merchant to update their product catalog before I can have access to newer products.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've got to join in this thread--and on the side of wanting it changed back.

Even though I can make use of the new ones, the old way of being able to know what people bought was better. All this does is make me wonder if there's a "Product Catalog 2", and if so who gets it, and if that's better or worse than Catalog 1!

And after being able to see what sold (after I put the old feeds up), I have gotten used to that and am always left incredibly curious when I see the "Product Catalog 1" items.

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

Just thought I'd bump this in case everyone at CJ overlooked it.

Andy

I'd venture t' say there's bigger fish a'float here than's been mentioned of, 'leastways as so far.

"Colloquially expressed...., but essentially correct."

While I agree that the old method made things easier, couldn't we do it ourselves by using the SID variable in our links? (too lazy to check)

Uh, Todd, there is a valid question on the table here. Can we get an answer?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

ABW Ambassador
    And what happened to EPC for individual products. Used to be able to see what was selling well. Now it is CRAP.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by perfectG:
    And what happened to EPC for individual products.

Same question here...

Todd, ball in your court.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 7-days:

Uh, Todd, there is a valid question on the table here. Can we get an answer?

QUOTE]

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Thought I'd bump this 9 day old topic that still hasn't been answered...

I really don't think CJ has an answer for this. Every time I check my CJ stats I look to see which products are producing clicks--but I get nothing other than "Expired" and "Product Catalog 1".

How is this information helpful to publishers, CJ? Tod? Anyone?

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    I heartily agree with all of the above and would love an answer.

Rgds,

Dirk Gardner

Bumpedy, bump, bump.

Come on Todd, it's not like we are trying to get you to enforce the Code of Conduct or something that difficult. Just wanting an answer to some questions here.

I am new on this site. But have used a lot cj. And always worked with individual products links. Well they always change and at the last all I get is emails that the product link are not correct and customer need to buy products. I feel very bad when this happen. I recently talk to cj for database feed and they gave me. And now I have site with that updated database but all is same. All link are still have problems and errors. They send me whole database of brandsmall's product link. But when I click on individual link it goes to main page of brandsmall.

In previous style of product navigation it was easy for affiliate to search the site and content related products. If I make site of grocery or garden, I need to go to product's section of garden and join all affiliate and get their product's link. But now there is no way to do this thing.

hope someone at cj will hear our problems.
    With best regards
    Kamal

Kamaluddin Panhwar
    http://www.chesszoom.com

ABW Ambassador

For whatever it's worth ...

Still tearing my hair out every time I see click throughs for "Product Catalog1 " .

Suppose maybe you can tell me what SPECIFIC product links of mine people are clicking on ?

I'd really like the ability to axe the ones that are NOT working for me , and find out what exactly it is I may be selling . This information would really like , ya know make sense .

If there is one thing I can't stand , it is vagueness . Could be because I'm a Scorpio, and we do hate vagueness , but in this case, I think not. Can we PLEEEEEASE get a little more to the point with product linking ?

Todd, you've not posted here in two weeks and have only posted rarely over the last month. We realize you are very busy, but many of the issues are important to us. Sometimes many of us delay making changes to our sites until we can get an answer.

Is there someone else at CJ who can assist you in responding to these posts?

(bump)

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I second that emotion.

Those of us who rely on product sales are flying blind with this new system. I've contacted a few CJ merchants directly about hot-linking to their product images and using a generic text link for that product and they have been agreeable. It seems they're not thrilled with the new product tracking system either. So using a generic text link makes no difference to them or to me...either way neither of us has much of a clue. They have no idea what products I'm running on my sites and I have no idea what products I'm selling.

Isolate Catalog City, if they are the cause of the problem, and restore the old system of product tracking, PLEASE!!!

Ultimately, if you don't, product sales will decline.

Well, I see Todd Crawford is online right now. Hopefully he will respond to this.

Andy

Well, Todd's gone now. I guess this isn't important enough to even acknowledge.

Maybe he hopes the topic will just go away, and he won't have to be bothered...

Andy

Meanwhile, I STILL don't know which products are being clicked!!!

Todd,

Still waiting for an answer...this shouldn't be a difficult question to answer.

Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast