Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators during the Olympics that they would like to take back:

1. Weightlifting commentator: "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing."

2. Dressage commentator: "This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother."

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."

4. Boxing Analyst: "Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious."

5. Softball announcer: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

6. Basketball analyst: "He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces."

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: "Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew."

8. Soccer commentator: "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

9. Tennis commentator: "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final
    round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?"

That last one reminded me of the old joke about
    the guy that was asked why he liked to take his
    girl friend to so many baseball games...

He said, "because I kiss her between the strikes...
    and she kisses me between the balls..."
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

Just for the record, some of those have been doing the rounds since 1988. The Hamm one was originally attributed to Greg Norman, and none of the above come from NBC coverage of the last Olympics.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread