ABW Ambassador
    How To Delete Blog From CPanel/HostGator
    Ok, so I have about 12 blogs at HostGator, all Wordpress, all via Fantastico De Luxe. There are some where I don't plan on working on anymore, am going to let the domain expire and I want to completely remove it.

How do you do this?

Yesterday, I asked via Chat, followed directions and ended up deleting everything by mistake. All sites gone with the press of a button. Didn't have a backup like I should but luckily they did and got it back pretty quickly for $15.

After doing more reading and talking to chat again, I read you can do it this way:

"If you installed WordPress using Fantastico it's even easier, just go into Fantastico, select WordPress, select your blog and use the link to delete it. Fantastico will delete the appropriate files and the database as well."

Hostgator person said that would work as well.

These are all addon domains, guy said also to - "Yes, you'll go to addon domains and remove the domain there aftwards"

That's the method go to Fantastico

I also read you can go to MySQL Databases and delete database, then delete user for database and I guess then delete addon domain.

Which way do you do it?

ABW Ambassador
    I don't use Hostgator, but I do set up Wordpress via Fantastico. I've completely deleted one WP site by simply deleted the entire folder on cPanel. I also deleted the database on MySQL Databases. If you want to delete the domain, go to Addon Domains and delete it.

By the way, charge $15 for restoring your sites is wrong, IMO. In the past, my host has restored my sites many times(mistakes by me) without charging a dime. That's part of the support.
    Last edited by mayfly; June 8th, 2012 at 04:55 PM.

3. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    I don't use Hostgator, but I do set up Wordpress via Fantastico. I've completely deleted one WP site by simply deleted the entire folder on cPanel. I also deleted the database on MySQL Databases. If you want to delete the domain, go to Addon Domains and delete it.

By the way, charge $15 for restoring your sites is wrong, IMO. In the past, my host has restored my sites many times(mistakes by me) without charging a dime. That's part of the support.
    So you go to Files - File Manager? Think that's where I messed up yesterday. From File Manager you have:
    Home Directory
    Web Root
    Public FTP Root
    Document Root for: I think I chose this one and ended up deleting everything.

Are you supposed to go to Home Directory?

Right now I'm doing backups and then will try the Fantastico route.

ABW Ambassador
    You go to "File Manager" on cPanel, click on "public_html", there will be a list of your sites. Click on the site you want to delete.

6. Thanks From:

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread